Hijack!

Llama

I've been trying to cut coffee out. I'm dead on my feet in the morning. Best I can do is wait about 4 hours after I wake. Which serves the purpose I need it to serve (Coffee causes my blood sugar to spike, if I wait until 3-4 hours after I eat, it has almost no effect)

It was insanely hard to stay awake yesterday and today doing this. I just don't sleep well enough to cut caffeine and coffee permanently. 

In my younger years.. 6 years ago, I drank coffee, 3 cocaine energy drinks (1 drink = 3 red bulls) and 1 or 2 red bulls, then maintained the buzz with frequent doses of diet pepsi and sunkist for my morning routine. Then I went to the doc and he said my blood pressure was high enough we might as well dig a grave (at age 30) and I went caffeine free for 2 years after that. Pretty easy when you work at home and can nap at 10am. Can't do that now though, on site job :( 

@Cliff caffeine is best weaned. The problem with caffeine is the spike. When it is gone from your diet, your energy will moderate. Less great high but also less great dip. The thing with caffeine is that it is a great diuretic agent. If you are hypertensive then the doctor may encourage coffee consumption to help keep blood pressure from spiking. It is certainly nice to be able to be off caffeine when you are a traveler of the third world. 

... 6 years ago, I drank coffee, 3 cocaine energy drinks...

Tried that drink once, tasted like a blend of habanero sauce and cherry cough syrup. As badly as I needed a caffine hit, I poured it out after about 3 ounces. Nasty.

Sometimes I wish I COULD drink coffee. The stuff triggers my gag reflex if I get near it. I really need to drop caffine completely, but its tough when you only have a 5-hour window in which to sleep each night.

7 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Tried that drink once, tasted like a blend of habanero sauce and cherry cough syrup. As badly as I needed a caffine hit, I poured it out after about 3 ounces. Nasty.

Sometimes I wish I COULD drink coffee. The stuff triggers my gag reflex if I get near it. I really need to drop caffine completely, but its tough when you only have a 5-hour window in which to sleep each night.

That sounds about right. It was horrid tasting. I had to guzzle it in one drink and it burned all the way down. 

I've been a lot better since getting a cpap. i still don't sleep like normal people though. very frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, Eric. said:

If you can't stay awake all day without caffeine, there's one cure for that...exercise.

There is another option besides exercise, well if done vigorously could be considered exercise.  Only problem is if you aren't ambidextrous one side may get a better workout.  

Now that I read this again, Cliff stick with coffee.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, -MattK- said:

bout 6 months ago I found Stone brewing in San Diego makes a GF beer called stone delicious ipa. It's so dang good!

We have a lot of good breweries here...but I don't consider stone to be one of them. They basically fill a glass with hops and add water.

7 hours ago, shaneymack said:

We have been making ours for years. Super easy and works great. Baking soda, coconut oil, tea tree oil and i think one other thing.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Do tell. I want a build journal.

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

I've been trying to cut coffee out. I'm dead on my feet in the morning. Best I can do is wait about 4 hours after I wake. Which serves the purpose I need it to serve (Coffee causes my blood sugar to spike, if I wait until 3-4 hours after I eat, it has almost no effect)

It was insanely hard to stay awake yesterday and today doing this. I just don't sleep well enough to cut caffeine and coffee permanently. 

In my younger years.. 6 years ago, I drank coffee, 3 cocaine energy drinks (1 drink = 3 red bulls) and 1 or 2 red bulls, then maintained the buzz with frequent doses of diet pepsi and sunkist for my morning routine. Then I went to the doc and he said my blood pressure was high enough we might as well dig a grave (at age 30) and I went caffeine free for 2 years after that. Pretty easy when you work at home and can nap at 10am. Can't do that now though, on site job :( 

Why wait 3-4 hours to eat? I feel much better if I eat some protein in the morning...has the popular opinion shifted away from that already?

13 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

We have a lot of good breweries here...but I don't consider stone to be one of them. They basically fill a glass with hops and add water.

Do tell. I want a build journal.

Why wait 3-4 hours to eat? I feel much better if I eat some protein in the morning...has the popular opinion shifted away from that already?

No I eat when I get to work at 7:15 (hard boiled eggs.) Get up at 6. Drink my coffee at 10. It's psychotic and wrong. I should be allowed to drink coffee whenever I want.

11 hours ago, Eric. said:

I have to leave the house sometimes.  I live in St. Louis.  It's slightly muggy here, ya know? LOL

And no, I don't mail anything. :)

Ok pray tell, what do you do for a living? I don't buy the hype of you being a spy for UPS or the CIA or anyone else for that matter!  I'd like to start a new career in a few years and living your lifestyle seems like something I could adapt to?

1 minute ago, K Cooper said:

Ok pray tell, what do you do for a living? I don't buy the hype of you being a spy for UPS or the CIA or anyone else for that matter!  I'd like to start a new career in a few years and living your lifestyle seems like something I could adapt to?

I'm a shepherd.

Image result for shepherd

• Like 1

I am a believer in intermittent fasting. I try to eat my food in an 8 hour window each day. I normally do not eat breakfast just loads of water. Intermittent fasting is easier than doing a 24 hour fast.once a week, atleast for me it is. Google intermittent fasting to read all the benefits.

10 hours ago, JosephThomas said:

ah but you've gotta put this in context....  I'm limited to gluten free beers.  So compared to its peers, it's amazing!

• Like 1

I just learned about that earlier this year. Some guy at my work was talking about it. That's just how I eat though. I generally eat between 7am and 4pm. I've been intermittent fasting for at least 10 years without knowing it. I usually skip meals on the weekends on accident. I just forget to eat. lol

You eat nothing at all after 4pm untill the next morning?

Here is a cool info graphic i found

31671abccc8a10110153f6090a5a30ac.jpg

3 hours ago, Lester Burnham said:

Yep. Every now and then I'll eat after 4 but not often.

I do the same thing Breakfast every morning at 6:30 lunch at 11:30 dinner at 4:30 and nothing until the next morning. I have snacks throughout the day but usually not after 4:30. My dinner at 4:30 is usually quite small as well, most people tell me that my dinner is "not a meal".

I also eat a lot of what every one thinks is bad. Oatmeal for breakfast every day for the last 4 years, chips and salsa for dinner large amounts of meat for lunch, with random fruit/vegtables for snacks.

I do my best to follow Shane's feeding schedule but I'm always the hungriest in the evenings...the worst time.  I try to keep my fat face out of the refrigerator at night but it can be tough.  One of the challenges of being a non-resolute spineless tub of worthless.

O have done the same as Shane for a long time, only eating between noon and 8pm is in my case. But I thought studies were showing that you overeat at that first meal if your do that. I don't know, I just know I don't have the best schedule right now. Something's gotta change.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk