Hijack!

Llama

7 hours ago, Woodenskye said:

If the air conditioner isn't on, in addition to the ceiling fan, I have 2 others.  I used to always have the radio, but when I moved in with the girlfriend I had to stop and it took awhile to be able to fall asleep.

I can see, with a new girlfriend, how it would be harder to fall asleep at first.

• Like 1

so, i am starting to transtinion from off-shore fishing, to buchtering some wood.

i would like to make a new bookcase, some kind of kitchen knife block, and although i thought i had climbed out of the "cutting board" rabbit hole, i mistakenly showed someone a picture. which leads to me making other one. (hate making them)

hopefully, i will be able to fish "high speed" for "hoos" in December/January:lol:

hijack!!!!

3 hours ago, ghost said:

so, i am starting to transtinion from off-shore fishing, to buchtering some wood.

i would like to make a new bookcase, some kind of kitchen knife block, and although i thought i had climbed out of the "cutting board" rabbit hole, i mistakenly showed someone a picture. which leads to me making other one. (hate making them)

hopefully, i will be able to fish "high speed" for "hoos" in December/January:lol:

hijack!!!!

How the hell do you "transition" from off shore fishing to woodworking?  At 14 I was commercial fishing in Alaska, I love boats, fishing and open water, I like woodworking. Put me back on a boat, and the only cutting board I need is a gunwale to gut and fillet tonight's dinner!  As far as the rabbit hole, you have to be careful, I made 5 cutting boards one year for Christmas, got caught by a snoopy wife and daughter, ended up making 17 in 10 days.

12 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Hunter ceiling fan works just as well. The old cast iron ones don't make annoying sounds, just the whisper of air moving.

The annoying sound is exactly what I need.  That droning white noise knocks me out like morphine.  Silence makes the circus in my head kick into high gear.  I have to be hypnotized with sound to fall asleep.

Thank god for beer, because otherwise I'd never get a minute of sleep when camping.  Alcohol-induced comas are second best behind box fans.

38 minutes ago, Eric. said:

The annoying sound is exactly what I need.  That droning white noise knocks me out like morphine.  Silence makes the circus in my head kick into high gear.  I have to be hypnotized with sound to fall asleep.

Thank god for beer, because otherwise I'd never get a minute of sleep when camping.  Alcohol-induced comas are second best behind box fans.

I wish a couple of drinks would help me sleep, but sadly they wake me up.  The one exception was having to drink until I would black out.  Not exactly healthy, which is why I don't really drink anymore.

2 hours ago, Mike. said:

You have a festool jigsaw, right? Damn that would suck.  

Yeah. I'm not sure what happened exactly. I used it fine for 20 minutes then the blade started kicking out sparks and it felt like I was pushing it through concrete. But there was no metal in the board. Then I stopped and the blade was bent significantly. The sparks I think was coming from the blade rubbing against something on the jigsaw. Not sure. Put it aside and just went to the table saw to break the board down. Not my favorite thing to do with rough lumber.