Hijack!

Llama

One year the kids got this stuff called slime. Anyway, it's green and sticks to anything. Sometime long after we forgot about this "slime", the kids came out of the youngest kids room with this crap in their hair. It was also all over the ceiling. Could not get it off completely, so we painted it. :) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davewyo said:

with this topic I feel like whatever I say it'll be pertinent.

This is the reason I started this... Far too often, threads get hijacked. Not because we are doing it intentionally, well ok sometimes I do.. But, for the most part it happens without meaning to. Topics jump around, so this one gives everyone a place to be free with that jumping. I have learned more about the people on this forum in this thread than any other. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lester Burnham said:

Thanks, man. It's actually got more games than just Galaga on it. No Gyruss though. I've got that on my full size cab. It's running Namco Museum and Konami Classics. Contra and Time pilot are personal favs.

Ha! That's 6 more than I was expecting.

I don't know if you're old enough to have experienced it, but when Gyruss was first released there was this special version of the arcade machine which rotated 360 degrees, the cocktail cabinet! 

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Dang, Cliff! That is one wiiiide sled!

Yeah the base is 4' and the fence 36 inches. I'd like to see if I can get an extra aluminum extrusion and somehow fasten it to this fence to extend it. The extending is the easy part. Staying square less so. I'm pretty happy with this sled. I got it to .002, and I've accounted for all the mishaps and idiocy of previous sleds. 

6 hours ago, Lester Burnham said:

I can add one more to it. I finished this thing 3 years ago but never shot a video of it in action 100% complete. My friend helped me get this quick video together. This will kill :40 seconds of your life.

Awesome. What do the parts cost for one of those (roughly) and how much time did you spend on it? Just curious.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:40 PM, Chestnut said:

Have you seen this?

I finally watched this on Saturday - really interesting, I'm glad you shared!  Funny that they didn't use a gas grill since they're so popular out there - I guess you just can't get it up to the heat they wanted...?

This was also incredibly frustrating to watch as I'm stuck with my wife's cooking and there's no way she's getting the sous vide out or firing up the grill!  Only 4 more weeks with this cast and no weight bearing on my leg! :-(

1 minute ago, -MattK- said:

I finally watched this on Saturday - really interesting, I'm glad you shared!  Funny that they didn't use a gas grill since they're so popular out there - I guess you just can't get it up to the heat they wanted...?

This was also incredibly frustrating to watch as I'm stuck with my wife's cooking and there's no way she's getting the sous vide out or firing up the grill!  Only 4 more weeks with this cast and no weight bearing on my leg! :-(

I mean i guess i don't know a ton about the gas options but i feel like in order to get the temp as hot as they were going for it'd end up covering the steak in small amounts of unburned or partially burned fuel making it taste off. Personally i much prefer the taste of steak on a charcoal grill to that of a gas grill. I also really enjoy the fact that my charcoal grill is 20 years old and still looks new, I've never seen a consumer gas grill last that long.

• Like 1