Hijack!

Llama

Confession time: I'm not a tacoholic. Fact is, I'm just not that big a fan of Mexican food. You all say how wonderful it is and how you'll crawl a mile through burning wood shavings for a Whopperito, but to me it's all kind of similar-tasting and ... meh. [The crowd gets ugly; cries of "Infidel!" echo through the forum; torches and pitchforks appear.]

I love hot, spicy food. Some five-star curry or Thai food is like heaven on a plate. If you're not sweating and crying, you're not living. But the taco truck just doesn't do it for me.

4 minutes ago, ClassAct said:

Confession time: I'm not a tacoholic. Fact is, I'm just not that big a fan of Mexican food. You all say how wonderful it is and how you'll crawl a mile through burning wood shavings for a Whopperito, but to me it's all kind of similar-tasting and ... meh. [The crowd gets ugly; cries of "Infidel!" echo through the forum; torches and pitchforks appear.]

I love hot, spicy food. Some five-star curry or Thai food is like heaven on a plate. If you're not sweating and crying, you're not living. But the taco truck just doesn't do it for me.

Can someone ban this guy? :) 

Maybe not, he does like Thai.

• Like 1

I love some good Thai too, but you can't eat Thai every day unless you want fireballs for poo.  Tacos are every day food.  EVERY. DAY.  I wish.  I could do it.

Yesterday I booked our 2017 Mexico trip and paid the deposit.  Cozumel this time, adults only, four couples.  June.  Can't wait.  It's all I have to live for.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ClassAct said:

The only crime you've committed is calling a Whopperito Mexican food.

29 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I love some good Thai too, but you can't eat Thai every day unless you want fireballs for poo.  Tacos are every day food.  EVERY. DAY.  I wish.  I could do it.

You're doing Thai wrong. especially if it's hitting your digestive system harder than Mexican.

My math gifted son brought home an assignment. The problem they did together on the board was marked wrong. He got 9.5 points subtracted from 10 and earned 1.5 out of 10. Where do I find a teacher who knows math for my son? Fight for your kids. Apparently teachers make stupid silly errors sometimes. 

55 minutes ago, ghost said:

listening to Allam Brothers "Dreams" disc 3

damn!!! - Duane is an under-appreciated guitarist. never hear him in the mix of "greats".

the neighbors may be a little pissed at this time of night!  "it might be loud"!!! :D

You know Duane played the killer lead in Layla, right?  He's in good standing in music history but he is totally under-appreciated.  One of the greats for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric. said:

Yesterday I booked our 2017 Mexico trip and paid the deposit.  Cozumel this time, adults only, four couples.  June.  Can't wait.  It's all I have to live for.

Clothing optional, all inclusive?

4 hours ago, Eric. said:

I dunno I once ate tacos four days in a row and couldn't leave the house for the weekend. 

Meanwhile, I just ate two pounds of ribeye. Training for brazilian steakhouse visit in mid-Oct.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Clothing optional, all inclusive?

It's all inclusive but the clothing is not optional.  In fact, the dress code in two of the five restaurants requires men to wear "slacks."  Psh.  If they think I'm taking some pants to my vacation in the jungle, they cra cra.  I will be eating in those restaurants, and I won't be wearing pants.  You watch me.

34 minutes ago, Eric. said:

It's all inclusive but the clothing is not optional.  In fact, the dress code in two of the five restaurants requires men to wear "slacks."  Psh.  If they think I'm taking some pants to my vacation in the jungle, they cra cra.  I will be eating in those restaurants, and I won't be wearing pants.  You watch me.

You may not pack a pair of slacks, but your wife will, and she will make you wear them with the withholding benefits card.

My math gifted son brought home an assignment. The problem they did together on the board was marked wrong. He got 9.5 points subtracted from 10 and earned 1.5 out of 10. Where do I find a teacher who knows math for my son? Fight for your kids. Apparently teachers make stupid silly errors sometimes. 

Stuff like this is what makes me want to home school... Sorry dude

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So you're saying you wanna turn your kid into a serial killer?  Because that's what home schooling does.  Every time.

No "fact" after your statement this time?!?!? Lol. There are social things to watch for if you home school, sure. Let's talk in 20 years and see how it went

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ghost said:

Duane is an under-appreciated guitarist. never hear him in the mix of "greats".

Isn't that the truth. I became an Allman Brother fan in the early 70s, & especially Duane. He's just magic on the guitar. His playing on Layla is transcendent. One of the greatest songs of our time & he has a lot to do with that. Eat a Peach is a great album too.

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

So you're saying you wanna turn your kid into a serial killer?  Because that's what home schooling does.  Every time.

Had some family friends that home schooled their daughters. There were 4 daughters all of them were smoking hot worked out good/bad for them depending on how you look at it.

5 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Had some family friends that home schooled their daughters. There were 4 daughters all of them were smoking hot worked out good/bad for them depending on how you look at it.

Good that they all got jobs...bad that they all got jobs working the pole in clear heels?  Then killed their neighbors?

3 or 4 of my nieces/nephews & their spouses & kids live on a piece of land, with the houses fairly close together. They home school the kids. It's basically a commune & it's super creepy. I expect that cousins & siblings will be marrying each other. And then killing any outsiders that venture on to their land.

1 minute ago, Eric. said:

Good that they all got jobs...bad that they all got jobs working the pole in clear heels?  Then killed their neighbors?

I think they are all trophy wives with rich husbands (farmers). I suppose the serial killing could start when they hit 60 and get bored ... I'll keep ya updated.