Hijack!

Llama

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

Saw these today while buying poplar and had to get. I really wish they were 8/4 instead of 4/4, because I'll probably have to make small boxes to use them. Maybe. we shall see. $6.50/bf. One knot I think, some sap, but I don't mind that.

It's almost woodworker law that you don't pass up curly walnut.  Or at least it should be.  You don't have to have a project in mind when you see boards like that.  You just buy them.  Nice score.

1 hour ago, davewyo said:

Beautiful!

So this is going a little better since I figured out how I'm supposed to lay them out.

Those look good, Dave!  Easy peasy, right?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Every year i get at least 1 cricket in my basement. I don't know how they get in but they do. I just found this years cricket and killed it. The silence is wonderful.

I had a basement bedroom as a teen. Crickets kept getting under the carpet. Several times I was crawling around at 2 am using a shoe as a hammer trying to swat the noisy buggers. Our boxer helped, she would pounce on the carpet.

• Like 1

I hate auto parts stores. I walked in with the stores part number for a part i needed pulled it myself from the website. I thought this would make things faster .... WRONG! Then guys there are about as cherry as Mr. scrouge and the grinch combined. I felt like i was asking Eric for opinions on red oak pallet wood. I just want a part dang it and i know you have it in stock i checked before i got here.

Well once you have 12 shootings a day and 500 murders YTD (like Chicago) you can claim real city .

My dad was taken to the only major trauma center on the south side of the city after his car accident.  All of gang banger gun shot victims from the south side end up there.  The ICU is under armed guard.  I saw a couple fights in the waiting room during the week my dad was there.  Really the bowels of humanity.   But the good news is the ICU and ER docs there have a ton of experience  

but seriously, we spent last night in Toledo on a family road trip.  Charlotte is Paris by comparison.  

I lived in Chicago while in grad school, cool city with lots to do but the weather is awful, and to your point south side is a war zone. All in (and adjusting income for cost of living) I would still pick Charlotte over the Windy City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ClassAct said:

Writing core code is fun. Writing error-handling code sucks. :)

Heh ours is all handled already. I'm not even sure how. But we have things that fire off to another thing that collects it and an ESB may be involved somehow. I just know it's all good. In the past I created errorhandlers and it's pretty irritating. 

Mine showed up 3 years ago ! 3 weeks after I got the inch version I called and got one of the metric version for set up work when using the Domino. They usually run a few more than they have orders for. Long before those few get listed if you call they just might have one for you.

My inch rule disappeared a few weeks ago . Checked the cracks in the sofa, recliner and under the seat in my van. Finally found it when I was pulling out my first aid kit last weekend. I was about to call and enquire about a replacement. Both of them ride in my cargo pockets daily. Inch one got used about 8- 10 times and the metric one 4 times while setting up to drill for concealed hinges.

Great for copying the depth of a lip, offset,  dado, rabbet when measuring & transferring that setting to a layout or setting a stop, blade height etc.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Did you get a shipping notification? I've received nada. I ordered it from some place in Canada, which probably means I will get it in another few months.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I don't think I got shipping notification. If I did I completely missed it. 

18 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I thought i bought one, i meant to buy one but i haven't had an email from them. The bad part is my credit card was compromised so i tried to correct my payment but i couldn't figure out if i ordered to begin with.

They have a horrid online system. You can't login and check your orders. I have to email them to change order (had to drop the 18" framing square and just do the 26") Very annoying