Hijack!

Llama

Just now, shaneymack said:

Wow. Nice of them to decide what people can do on their free time. That's insane.

I don't drink, do drugs or smoke cigarettes and I still think that is ridiculous .

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comes down to insurance costs..  Just like everything, follow the money and you'll find out why decisions are made.

On 10/8/2016 at 1:05 PM, Lester Burnham said:

Adjusted the tables and it's pretty much snipe free. Overall, it's sweet! Ran it for an hour or so and got some nice pieces. Mostly cutoffs from other stuff. Found a couple nice striped boards. Think I'll make another mission style something or another. Might as well try making a little end table or night stand. The driveway is a mess.

xrS4fdM.jpg?1

Got a pickup truck?  You can always mulch the side of your local roads if you can reach 55 mph by doing this.

102_1369.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Ahhh. Thats why ive never heard of a company doing that here. Makes sense. 

Also insurance for workplace injuries... OSHA would have a fit if a bunch of potheads were operating machinery. 

But to address your concern, I think it's BS to basically make it legal as long as you don't have a job. There are some jobs that don't test unless you are injured at work, but the point is that it's a dumb law either way. It's still illegal to smoke (or eat it) if you have a job at most places.

Also, you pay insurance costs... Just indirectly. 

Also insurance for workplace injuries... OSHA would have a fit if a bunch of potheads were operating machinery. 

But to address your concern, I think it's BS to basically make it legal as long as you don't have a job. There are some jobs that don't test unless you are injured at work, but the point is that it's a dumb law either way. It's still illegal to smoke (or eat it) if you have a job at most places.

So it's only legal if you're unemployed. That's hilarious.

6 minutes ago, Llama said:

You have stupid laws too! :)

English writing on signs in Quebec needs to be 50% smaller than the french writing. And yes we spend millions of dollars on language police to enforce these types of Hitler-esque laws. Dont get me started on stupid laws here....

Wanna laugh, read this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastagate

• Like 2

I didn't burn the stuff on the outfeed table!

Haha couldn't tell

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Got a pickup truck?  You can always mulch the side of your local roads if you can reach 55 mph by doing this.

102_1369.JPG

It's been 2 days since you posted this pic, haha... Guess it was bound to happen again by now

Yeah, the type of job is key. I don't think they will test at a lot of high level white collar jobs, but expected if its for blue collar jobs or min wage jobs.

16 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Yeah, the type of job is key. I don't think they will test at a lot of high level white collar jobs, but expected if its for blue collar jobs or min wage jobs.

I had one when I joined the teamsters for a summer in college and when I got a managing director role for a big wall st firm - both ends of the spectrum!!

• Like 1