Hijack!

Llama

20 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Cliff, do you pre-cook the pork? Thanks for the receipe!

Mel, does the rest of your group know you're back there:)? Looks like you have your own little gig going there!

Nope, that is why you steam it for that time. I also like just doing a steam without the pan frying. different kind of dumpling. i have a steamer for that.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2016 at 2:20 PM, JosephThomas said:

Please refer to item #6 on the following list: http://time.com/3840001/most-polluted-cities-2015/

for the lazy, just read the post title in the link. I think I'll pass.

Huh I've lived in 2 of the 6 least polluted cities. Though i think it's really entertaining seeing Fargo-Whapeton listed together they are like 60 miles apart and whapeton is home to like 8,000 people on a good day.

I've seen, but never used. I never though much of the concept. I mean, as soon as you rotate the knob to go around a corner, you have to push the saw sideways on the work, which isn't very stable. That & the fact that it's a Craftsman pretty much assures that it will be no good.

My dad bought a whole set of Craftsman power tools once; router, jig saw, sanders, circ saw & I can't remember what else. Within a couple of years, every single one of them had crapped the bed & were garbage.

Anyway, I digress. Give it a test & report back. I'm kinda curious.

I have a newer version of that saw: http://www.sears.com/craftsman-2-in-1-handle-6.0-amp-vs-orbital/p-00928223000P

It's pretty cool in theory. The scroll feature works as it should, and the ability to have a D-handle or barrel grip is unique as well. Unfortunately, mine did not cut perpendicular to the surface. I just bought a Trion to replace it, but in reality any jigsaw isn't worth much if it can't cut properly. I'm holding onto it with the hope I can eventually sort out why it isn't cutting properly, because the scroll feature does work. It's plenty powerful enough, and would rough cut just about anything you'd need to.

Thankfully I didn't pay what they are asking today. At that price, spend a few bucks more and get a Bosch.

I go for an MRI in a little bit to see how badly my rotator cuff is torn.  I don't think it's bad, but the treatment will be anywhere from physical therapy to endoscopic surgery to "real" surgery.  Anyone have experience?  I really do not want a "real" surgery that will put me on light duty for an extended period of time, but I don't understand how physical therapy will do anything.  I have been stretching this shoulder out for a year trying to coax the pain away and it just laughs at me.  Hopefully the scope with a couple weeks on the sidelines will do the trick.

On a side note, our area is hosting this weekend's Presidential debates.  This weekend is going to SUCK.

cleardot.gif
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

I go for an MRI in a little bit to see how badly my rotator cuff is torn.  I don't think it's bad, but the treatment will be anywhere from physical therapy to endoscopic surgery to "real" surgery.  Anyone have experience?  I really do not want a "real" surgery that will put me on light duty for an extended period of time, but I don't understand how physical therapy will do anything.  I have been stretching this shoulder out for a year trying to coax the pain away and it just laughs at me.  Hopefully the scope with a couple weeks on the sidelines will do the trick.

On a side note, our area is hosting this weekend's Presidential debates.  This weekend is going to SUCK.

cleardot.gif

Over the years my right shoulder has been dislocated 3 times.  2 full and 1 partial dislocation.  I had the doc describe the surgery and recovery in detail...I will live with the pain.  As far as the debate goes, it is just a clown show,  cut some wood.

4 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

cleardot.gif

Had a buddy go through the surgery...sleeping is a bitch. Go buy a good recliner to sleep in if you don't have one already.

-Ace-

1 hour ago, Cochese said:

Not sure what I did to my ankle, but I basically can't walk. I think it might be tendinitis. I don't want to waste money at this point on the doc telling me rest and NSAIDs.

If it doesn't get better soon though, I might not have a choice.

I have ankle issues and spend a good amount of money for the doctor to tell me he didn't know what was wrong but here try this. I didn't try what ever he was selling, invested in some good Keen shoes and my ankle pain as diminished substantially, hasn't gone away though. Might want to address footwear and see if there is improvement to be made there.

14 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I have ankle issues and spend a good amount of money for the doctor to tell me he didn't know what was wrong but here try this. I didn't try what ever he was selling, invested in some good Keen shoes and my ankle pain as diminished substantially, hasn't gone away though. Might want to address footwear and see if there is improvement to be made there.

This is a recent injury. I have pretty good shoes, my problem is band and the Army screwed up my ability to walk and run with proper form. I was experimenting with a different gait and a couple of days later had some pretty good pain.

Looks like I have to cover everything up to my deductible, which is a whopping $1300. Yay.

1 hour ago, bleedinblue said:

Lol, it's not that.  I'm on a riot/security team.  I'm going to be working all weekend.

I loved doing that it was always overtime.  Good money, better times and after dealing with those folks it always made me feel normal!

1 minute ago, Cochese said:

This is a recent injury. I have pretty good shoes, my problem is band and the Army screwed up my ability to walk and run with proper form. I was experimenting with a different gait and a couple of days later had some pretty good pain.

Looks like I have to cover everything up to my deductible, which is a whopping $1300. Yay.

Oh my "injury" was labeled as "wear and tear" and can't be traced back to a single incident. I was told to say off my feet for a few months. I look at the doctor and told him that wasn't possible.

I think i can solve your problem, stop running. We invented the wheel for a reason. I also thought i had pretty good shoes before. I know different brands are made differently it could be possible that one shoe would give you trouble while another doesn't even though they are both good shoes.

33 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I loved doing that it was always overtime.  Good money, better times and after dealing with those folks it always made me feel normal!

Ehhhh...I was supposed to work this weekend anyway, so I won't be getting much overtime, just a couple hours a day.  And with spending the past two years off and on dealing with REAL riots (I don't expect the debate protesters to be the same at all) I'm not totally enthused.

15 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Running does cause a lot of wear and tear relative to the amount of exercise you're getting...biking/swimming are generally accepted to have a better cost/benefit ratio nowadays...

Shoes cause heel running...which causes wear and tear. Find a grass field and build some callous on your feet. Happy feet makes happy running. That said, swimming is far superior for me. 

25 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Running does cause a lot of wear and tear relative to the amount of exercise you're getting...biking/swimming are generally accepted to have a better cost/benefit ratio nowadays...

That's some pretty dated information. Impact exercise actually builds bone mass & strengthens joints.

Personally, I have had knee problems all my life until I started running a dozen years ago. Knees are great now. Too much running is not good though, something I'm probably guilty of.

17 minutes ago, drzaius said:

That's some pretty dated information. Impact exercise actually builds bone mass & strengthens joints.

Personally, I have had knee problems all my life until I started running a dozen years ago. Knees are great now. Too much running is not good though, something I'm probably guilty of.

No idea what you're talking about. If you weren't exercising at all before running, sure that's an improvement. Bone mass isn't the problem anyone above is describing...all are soft tissue problems.