Hijack!

Llama

He'll be in prison by then.  Too late.  Fact.

Already by 20? Even you have to admit, if he's already achieved his goals by 20, whatever they may be, we did something right ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Had some family friends that home schooled their daughters. There were 4 daughters all of them were smoking hot worked out good/bad for them depending on how you look at it.

Lol, no idea how this is relevant. How does that have anything to do with their education?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C Shaffer said:

There is no data that a majority of serial killers were home schooled.

It was a joke.  But just anecdotally, in my life...the weirdest people I know are the home schooled ones.  It seems to make them socially awkward, best case scenario.  Worst case...serial killer. :D

It's so typical of modern society...everyone is an expert on everything...people who know nothing about education trying to educate.  Most of these people couldn't change a light bulb but somehow they're qualified to teach.  LOL  Good luck with that.  They know nothing and that's exactly what they'll teach their kids.  With a few exceptions.  Emphasis on few.

Not saying public (or private) schools are perfect...far from it.  But like Carus said, the most important factor in any kid's education is the role of the parents.  So a kid is gonna be far better off going to school with trained educators by day, and coming home to responsible, intelligent parents at night.  But if a couple of morons send their kid to the best school in the world, most likely you're still gonna make another moron.  Because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JosephThomas said:

Already by 20? Even you have to admit, if he's already achieved his goals by 20, whatever they may be, we did something right ;)

Lol, no idea how this is relevant. How does that have anything to do with their education?

The the daughters haven't killed anyone yet. It was also kind of a hidden joke about keeping their hot daughters away from a ton of homoronal boys.

Oh Yeah!

I was trying for small pins but I guess I got confused as to which was which!:wacko:

I made the same mistake last week. Looks like you are doing really well. I've been trying the Rob Cosman trick for marking the pins by offsetting with the saw kerf thickness and can't quite get it right... Way too much waste left.

Cool base Mel, but can you get a perfectly 90 degree cross cut with it? 

Also should be anodized red. Otherwise, useless :)

• Like 1

In every case, the quality of the parent bears the biggest impact on success.

Students are unique individuals that need different things at times. 

Agreed on both accounts. I simply meant we are looking into being prepared to homeschool at times if it is good for one or more kids at different times.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

I made the same mistake last week. Looks like you are doing really well. I've been trying the Rob Cosman trick for marking the pins by offsetting with the saw kerf thickness and can't quite get it right... Way too much waste left.

I'll have to look into the Cosman trick. I've been watching all the top videos. Most of all, I guess I should go back and review how I'm supposed to lay the darned things out.:)

I'll have to look into the Cosman trick. I've been watching all the top videos. Most of all, I guess I should go back and review how I'm supposed to lay the darned things out.

Yeah... So are you doing a lot of cleanup with chisels? I find the more I do the more gaps I create... Works out better when I'm able to just cut to the line the first time.

15 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Yeah... So are you doing a lot of cleanup with chisels? I find the more I do the more gaps I create... Works out better when I'm able to just cut to the line the first time.

Yes, I'm with you on that. The more I pare the more gaps I get.

I'm okay with cleaning out between the saw cuts on the pins and tails, but if I try to thin something down I get out of plane. It's getting better though. The first iteration was terrible. I've been getting more of a feel for sawing or paring to a line so that there's less and less fitting to do.

And I've been doing some frequent sharpening. It's amazing how much easier it is when your tools are sharp. It's crazy helpful when you can slice off a shaving that's half the thickness of a gnat's wing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Llama said:

New bass just arrived yesterday! It's an Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray... It's a one of a kind in that it has a special paint job, and it's a stealth. It was made for on of their supporting artists (nobody famous, well I haven't heard of them), and now it's mine. The neck is roasted birdseye maple (no stain, so Eric can still love it). I won't bore you with more unless you care... It's one of the most tonally versatile basses I've played, and WOW the neck is awesome.

I"m a huge fan of EB MM series of guitars. I have no doubt you got hell of a bass there. 

And don't get me started on how budget cuts ALWAYS impact art and music first.  

Totally random but this line brought me back about 10 years ago when my wife used to drag me out on couples dates when she was trying to make friends as a recent transplant to Charlotte.

Anyway, we are out and the husband of this lady is going on and on with this arrogant diatribe about how mundane and not cool Charlotte is. How much better LA is, how it doesn't hold a candle to Chicago... He finishes with "...and don't get me started on the Arts..."

Then he said the same phrase two more times that evening, apparently fishing but getting no bites.

My wife and I mocked him for months...

And by the way, Charlotte just had its first riot like those big cities, so suck on that "don't get me started on the arts guy", Charlotte in da houuuuse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, Cliff said:

Saw these today while buying poplar and had to get. I really wish they were 8/4 instead of 4/4, because I'll probably have to make small boxes to use them. Maybe. we shall see. $6.50/bf. One knot I think, some sap, but I don't mind that. 

20160924_145557.jpg

Beautiful!

So this is going a little better since I figured out how I'm supposed to lay them out.

http://IMG_1871_zpsf7gbq3nl.jpg

• Like 2