Grandfather clock

shaneymack

Really some nice work so far, as usual.  This is going to be a really cool gift and the photo album will be a nice plus to the gift.  So you going to give him the photo album before the clock and see how far he gets into the album before figures out what it is? 

• Like 1

Damn Shane, you beat me to this build as well..  I have all the bits and pieces here but, will wait until after we move to do the build..  I'll be watching this one with great interest!

Will you use qswo as well?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Really some nice work so far, as usual.  This is going to be a really cool gift and the photo album will be a nice plus to the gift.  So you going to give him the photo album before the clock and see how far he gets into the album before figures out what it is? 

Thanks, Chet. I hadn't thought of doing that. Might be a good idea.

Good stuff.  Are you following the plans to the tee or are you gonna swap out the ply for hardwood panels?

The cherry on your bench is looking juicy these days.

I know you know me enough to know the answer to that :-)

All bookmatched panels.

Cool Shane. Looking good all ready.  When I saw all the cuts on your hand I was hoping you didnt drill yourself.

Thanks Mark. I'm always bleeding from somewhere. Could have been a drill, could have been a chisel. Who knows lol

• Like 1

No..  Just not a fan of the Oak even QSWO..

Ya me either normally. I've never built anything out of oak. Not that I can remember anyways. Qswo just seems right for his clock.

I bought the very same spline jig.

Spline jig?

1 minute ago, shaneymack said:

Ya me either normally. I've never built anything out of oak. Not that I can remember anyways. Qswo just seems right for his clock.

I did buy some to see if that's what the wife wanted but, she didn't like it either..  So, probably Cherry..

• Like 1

In the right pieces QSWO can look amazing.  This clock definitely.  It would look good in walnut, cherry, mahogany, QSWO...but I would love to see that beast in all curly maple with ebony accents.  Right @Llama?  Although it's definitely a craftsman style so QSWO is the correct choice traditionally.

• Like 1