Grandfather clock

shaneymack

Wow Shane  - I hope things get better.  I can't imagine having to muck out my house and trying to salvage family valuables.  Take care and stay safe.

So far so good. The basement is a crawlspace. My well pump and water filtration stuff is down there. I was sure my sump pump was going to burn out so setup a secondary 2" electric pump with a float. The sump pump stopped working the next day! So glad I did that. Half of my house is slab on grade so that was the part we sandbagged. We emptied everything out of that side of the house so worst case scenario i would have just had some basic repairs. My buddy went to check on it today and there isnt a drop of water in there either ! We are pretty happy. My shop is alright also. Had some water on the floor in there but thats ok.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here's another prayer for you - that stomach flu thing is no laughing matter! Glad the house is ok.

I appreciate that Ross ! So far 2 out of the 8 kids here have gotten it and my buddys wife. Not bad considering there are 10 of us living under this roof ! Gotta stay positive. Thanks for the prayers, need all we can get !

• Like 1

Ugh, Shane that's awful.  Sorry to hear it.  Only thing worse than having to evacuate your house because of a flood is having to pack into a house where everyone has soupy poopy.  Hope that water drains out soon and we can get back to grandfather clock building.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Nice work as usually Shane.  How big is the new shop going to be?

Thanks, Chet. New shop is nothing special, 400 sq ft standard 2 car garage. It's a hair more than i have now. The house is absolutely perfect for us so I compromised on the shop a bit.

Congrats on the new house Shane!  The clock is looking good!  Hopefully you get it done before the move and presented so you don't have to move it twice.

Thanks, Bryan. Unfortunately, I will have to move it twice because my dads birthday is only in September. I want to get it done before I move because im not sure I will have the shop fully up and running again before his bday. I'm just playing it safe.