Grandfather clock

shaneymack

Something I forgot to mention. When i went into the shop this morning to take the ducting down, i found bird crap on all my machines and all over the top of the grandfather clock !! Man was I pissed. Spent an hour sanding all my cast iron and adding wax. Couldn't find the bird so he must be dead somewhere in there and if he's not, he will be !! How dare he !!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lester Burnham said:

Shane's gonna be real busy with all his hose.

Bad boy, Vladimir. 

1 hour ago, mat60 said:

I also be wondering if you been using you work trailer allot?     Maybe I should have said your shop on wheels.

I sure do and I love the heck out of it. Got in a little fender bender with it....hit my ceramic installers F150. Oops LOL. 

22 minutes ago, Tom King said:

This is a great tape for ducting.  You can remove it a several years later on inside uses, not only pretty easily, but it leaves no residue.  It's has a plenty strong enough hold, but you can still remove it without a knife.  I use it for a lot of different things.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013AZ4W0/ref=asc_df_B0013AZ4W05078245/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B0013AZ4W0&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167151899683&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=227000930735959231&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009831&hvtargid=pla-316336326875

I hope to NEVER take these ducts down again LOL. Is this tape stronger/stickier than the normal stuff?

7 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

You have my sympathy. Shop teardown is no fun at all. Label boxes with all the contents or you might not find things until every box is unpacked. Dont ask......

Well I have no where near the amount of stuff that you have !! We get the keys on the 18th and I only have to be out of this house by the 27th so hopefully that is a big enough window to be fairly organized. 

• Like 2

It's very similar to regular duct tape, except you can get it back off.  There are several similar Scotch Tough Painter's Clean Release Duct Tape variations.  The one I keep stocked up on looks a little different than that link, but I expect the adhesive is the same.  I move mine every year or two, so I have plenty of experience.  Home Depot has it in their paint section.

I used it as the first line of defense on old woodwork when masking a room off for plastering ( a very wet operation), and have tried not to be without it since.   That's how I first ended up trying it since it's called an exterior painters tape.

I wouldn't bet on there being no changes to the ducting system sometime in the future.

Here's a picture of the kind I have, that has been sold in Home Depot for several years.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0067NLZOE

• Like 1

It's very similar to regular duct tape, except you can get it back off.  There are several similar Scotch Tough Painter's Clean Release Duct Tape variations.  The one I keep stocked up on looks a little different than that link, but I expect the adhesive is the same.  I move mine every year or two, so I have plenty of experience.  Home Depot has it in their paint section.

I used it as the first line of defense on old woodwork when masking a room off for plastering ( a very wet operation), and have tried not to be without it since.   That's how I first ended up trying it since it's called an exterior painters tape.

I wouldn't bet on there being no changes to the ducting system sometime in the future.

Here's a picture of the kind I have, that has been sold in Home Depot for several years.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0067NLZOE

Cool, thanks Tom. I found it on Amazon.ca, its not cheap !

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0013AZ4W0/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1500240221&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=scotch+duct+tape

15 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Cool, thanks Tom. I found it on Amazon.ca, its not cheap !

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0013AZ4W0/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1500240221&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=scotch+duct+tape

But, but, but.....It's not green!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...