RIP Tom Petty

Eric.

Yeah, I am beyond bummed out. Tom Petty was a huge influence on me musically. 

On a related note in current events, the guy that was the lighting director in the band that I toured with is now Jason Aldean's lighting director. He and the entire crew are safe, but understandably completely freaked out. 

This is why they are called "NEWS Shows" and not "The NEWS".  True journalism in America is on life support.  Seriously, no pun intended.  What a terrible injustice to one's family to have sources so eager to sensationalize an event that they cannot even get it straight.  Yet another reason I avoid TV.

20 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

This is why they are called "NEWS Shows" and not "The NEWS".  True journalism in America is on life support.  Seriously, no pun intended.  What a terrible injustice to one's family to have sources so eager to sensationalize an event that they cannot even get it straight.  Yet another reason I avoid TV.

They all either only report to boost ratings or fit their agenda that's for sure!

You know, a lot of his older stuff is great, but I gotta say, my favorite song is The Last DJ. I love to play it too, even though it's very repetitive (much like Free Fallin) 

I listened to that song 4 or 5 times on the way home from work today.

49 minutes ago, Cliff said:

The Last DJ

Great album.  Petty was one of the few old rockers who wrote good songs his entire career.  Most of them peaked in the 70s and wrote mediocre to dog**** songs after they turned 40.  It's a real loss.  He was a heavyweight.  This is the most bummed I've been about a musician's death since George Harrison.  Ironically both Wilburys and good buddies.

• Like 2