Random Tip #8 - Cheap Edge Trim Clamps

gee-dub

10 minutes ago, Chet said:

I missed this one, explain please.

gee-dub showed where he used the clear plastic thingy's that are on the top of many deodorant sticks, when you take the cap off and before you can use them, as painters pyramids. I thought it was a great idea and have started saving mine.

• Like 1

Glad the tips are helping out.  I know I often pick up as much info from what's in the background of someone's Project Journal as I do from what's taking center stage.  We woodworkers tend to be creative when we need a solution and I'm not alone in stumbling over them.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, rodger. said:

The companies must love gift cards; I wonder how much all of those unclaimed bits add up to for them - free money.

There was an article in the paper here last year around Christmas that in the U.S. each year there are around $25,000,000 in gift cards never cashed in. :o

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

gee-dub showed where he used the clear plastic thingy's that are on the top of many deodorant sticks, when you take the cap off and before you can use them, as painters pyramids. I thought it was a great idea and have started saving mine.

Oh, good idea.  Not that the pyramid are that expensive but using something that you have already and that you are throwing out, well thats better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 3:37 PM, Cliff said:

No matter how long I do this, for the rest of my life - I'd never have thought of that. 

I thought the very same thing. Sometimes I don’t see obvious things like that. My wife is ingenious at coming up with creative solutions. I needed a black T-shirt the other day to go under another shirt. Now I’ve got 30 black T-shirt’s but they’re all Harley shirts with logos, artwork and names on them. I started complaining I was going to have to go to town and buy a black T-shirt. She looked at me and said, “Turn it inside out.”  I looked at her and thought, “I got me a black magic woman!”

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 1:08 PM, Chet said:

There was an article in the paper here last year around Christmas that in the U.S. each year there are around $25,000,000 in gift cards never cashed in. :o

Not to mention chain stores that sell gift cards, but refuse to honor them at locations having a 'going out of business' sale.  :angry:

On 10/29/2017 at 12:37 PM, Cliff said:

No matter how long I do this, for the rest of my life - I'd never have thought of that. 

That's OK.  I submitted it to Wood magazine back in 2003.  Never heard anything but, noticed someone else had the same idea and got it posted somewhere a couple of years ago.  It is not unusual in woodworking (and I'm sure other fields) to find two people on opposite sides of the country to have the same "ah-ha!" moment about something.  If they are good enough to put it out there we all get to have one of those "why didn't I think of that?" moments :D