What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

First day of school for us here. My son is in 1st grade and my daughter is in 3rd. I have no idea how they got so old so fast.

My first day back at work after having last week off.  My wife just left for a few day work trip. I'll be in for a long night of filling out forms once the kids go to bed.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2023 at 8:20 AM, legenddc said:

First day of school for us here. My son is in 1st grade and my daughter is in 3rd. I have no idea how they got so old so fast.

My first day back at work after having last week off.  My wife just left for a few day work trip. I'll be in for a long night of filling out forms once the kids go to bed.

Grand daughter is in the first grade as well. It will be a challenge for me. The wife goes to work before school, so I have to get her up, make sure she gets dressed, feed here, come her hair and walk her to the bus..

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 9:53 AM, BillyJack said:

Grand daughter is in the first grade as well. It will be a challenge for me. The wife goes to work before school, so I have to get her up, make sure she gets dressed, feed here, come her hair and walk her to the bus..

Good luck! We've been trying to get the kids to help more in the morning to teach them some responsibility and make our mornings easier. Still mornings can be a challenge.

On 8/21/2023 at 8:52 AM, BillyJack said:

Dum dum me. I promised the grand daughter cinnamon rolls this morning and grabbed regular biscuits. Had to locate and cook the cinnamon rolls. Guess I'll be eating regular biscuits for lunch.

20230821_084851.jpg

Make you some tomato gravy and pour it over the biscuits with a side of bacon for breakfast. 

12 hours ago, legenddc said:

Kids school finally realized they could send all the paperwork home prefilled with the information we already gave them. Just had to sign a few sheets. I think last year I spent 90 minutes filling it out. 

Mine are done with compulsory, but the last few years was mostly prefilled and online “edited as required.”

• Like 1

We went through that too with my son who is the same age. We think he was having stomach issues from too much dairy.

What worked for us was filling up a protein shaker bottle with measurements and telling him you can have this much milk a day, when you run out you're done. He did a great job rationing it and would say I only want 3 fingers of milk now so I can have more at bedtime.

Our kids are told to bring a water bottle to school. Keeping that filled and around him is helpful to keep them drinking water. Their 18 oz. Yeti's have lasted for a year of abuse so far between school, sports, Disney world, summer camps.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 12:11 PM, legenddc said:

Been using Advion Ant Gel to take care of the ants. Doesn't seem to matter how often we vacuum or clean up, they come back.

OMG they are terrible this year I have been able to keep them out of the house but the yard has been another story! Flippin ant hills everywhere.

• Like 1