What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

I'm also avoiding the outdoors today. High of 97 with a heat index of 111. Hopefully the kids survive outdoor day camp today. They'll be at the pool for at least half of it.

Just had a contractor finish up repairing the drywall and painting from our leak. Glad I hired it out so I didn't get dust all over our kitchen. Learned a lot from watching him for the next time. Very ready to get everything back where it should go and all tools put away.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2023 at 9:41 AM, BillyJack said:

Are you fitting each piece as you go?

Some stuff had to match to start for a dry fit to start. I cut the sides and bottom to the same width on the table saw and cut the bottom to a measured length. I put rabbets on all three for the back and then dry fit them to mark the back for length to match the bottom (in theory they should have been identical and were very close).

Then with the back dry fitted, I dry fit the middle. Then I marked a common height on the back, sides and middle, and also marked the depth on the middle to match the bottom.