What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Yesterday I unclogged my wife's sunroof drains. I thought her AC drain line was clogged causing the condensation to pool in the passenger footwell. Blew that line out and all seemed fine until I checked the floor again. Ran an extra air-hose up from our basement out to the car, shoved a straw into the drain hole and blew it out. 

I've now had to clear out both of our sunroof drains. Not going to the office 5x a week and parking in a garage there really lets the pollen accumulate on our cars. Will have to remember to check the drains once a year. Borrowing my sister's spot cleaner vac next week to pull out any mold from the floor.

• Like 2

Decanted a gallon of shellac into glass mason jars.  Used my 'between projects' time to pick up and find an actual place for those sneaky random items that like to snow-drift up into corners and inappropriate spaces in the shop.  Put up my 'no soliciting' sign.

nosoliciting.thumb.jpg.289702d09d2ae3a68f67c41a200e6bb3.jpg

Hosed off the picnic benches and other outdoor furniture following a grandchild's birthday party.  Moved some plants from store containers to their permanent pots and planters. Talked LOML into making biscuits and gravy for lunch.  Typed up this post and that's about it.

• Like 2

I'll mention a couple of points that may not be relevant.   

Too much tailstock pressure can be a problem when turning skinny spindles.

If your stock is reasonably square it can be mounted directly into a 4 jaw chuck--the corners fit into the gaps between jaws.  But that dowel making jig is hyper cool.  If I had one I'd be making excuses to use it.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, legenddc said:

@BillyJack - When's the big roofing job? You seem to be in Chestnut gear lately. 

My brother made a comment to me one time that stuck. Do spring projects in the spring and leave the winter projects  for cold weather.

So if I want to paint  a room in the house, it’s gonna wait till winter. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 1:46 PM, BillyJack said:

My brother made a comment to me one time that stuck. Do spring projects in the spring and leave the winter projects  for cold weather.

So if I want to paint  a room in the house, it’s gonna wait till winter. 

And that's why our Christmas lights come down anytime the week or two after Christmas if it's 55+ outside. My wife isn't always thrilled but it beats taking them down when it's 25 out.

Glad to see the birthday party went well. 6 year olds are a lot to handle in large groups. We try to keep them outside on the playground as much as possible.