What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Both kids are home sick today.

Projects keep backing up without an end in sight around here. Got 12 bags of mulch out yesterday. Probably need to go get 15 more. Will try to get it Wednesday when it's a bit cooler out. Tried to get bulk mulch delivered but they couldn't deliver it for a while. Still need to plant the replacement azalea.

Noticed the hose spigot out back is leaking some outside. Will need to replace that and then repair whatever drywall I have to cut in the near future.

Headed to the dentist soon to figure out what work I need done and hopefully get that scheduled.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dentist wanted to schedule surgery for Wednesday. 2 weeks of only soft foods and limited lifting. After speaking with my wife I've rescheduled it for July 9th. Right after a vacation and 3 weeks before the next. With two kids sick and my parents unable to help it's too crazy right now.

• Sad 4

@pkinneb, the arm rest that continues around the back, are the spindles one piece and go thru it or are they two pieces and terminate in that back piece? Having seen your amazing work, I suspect they are one piece and if so, you did a great job  in drilling the tight angled holes. I’m sure that was no easy feat! 

@pkinneb, with that explanation I am even more impressed.  I always assumed the spindle was two pieces.  That is difficult to turn (good thing you've got that new lathe ;)).

What makes the birdcage style chair more difficult?

• Like 1