What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

On 6/26/2023 at 11:11 AM, Tom King said:

Had the exciting task of getting my Driver's License renewed today.  A little less than an hour wait.  I thought I was not allowed to renew online because of my age, but they said you have to go in every other time.

New driver's license good until my 78th birthday without glasses.

So that means your license is good for 13 years? :D

• Like 1

Typical birthday today.   A shower gooseneck in the rental house broke off at the wall, leaving the threads in the elbow.

I had all the tools needed to get the remnants of the threads from the old gooseneck out, and three trips to Ace hardware later (first one was finishing up putting a new alternator in the Farm Use car-needed a new metric bolt- before I got the call about the rental house), the new gooseneck was in, and the third trip to Ace was to get a new showerhead assembly.

Was looking for the third thing, and as I was walking out the door at the rental house, the Wife of the family staying there told me there was a leak under the kitchen sink.  Fortunately, that only required hand tightening the nut of the trap.  Hopefully, that's it for now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Got home from vacation and realized the weeds were completely out of control. Pulled almost 10 gallons of weeds and still have lots left to do. Being gone so long let everything get out of control. Loads of ants right by our house too but I'm trying to hold off on spraying until I get all the weeds up.

Also noticed our Hardie Board siding is looking dirty in some spots and there's moss on the foundation in one area. Guess I'll be spending a lot of time outside soon.

• Sad 4

Here is the drain swap.  Code calls for maximum drop to a 2" trap to be 30".  I'm at 28-1/2" here.  Code also calls for maximum horizontal distance to a 3" wet vent stack to be 5 feet and minimum 6".   I'm good with that at 7".

We made and installed the plywood cover, and the girls are going to do the painting.

The cutoff valve on the outlet line from the water heater just cuts off the supply to hot water lines downstream from that water heater.  It doesn't really hurt anything, and is just to be able to swap water heaters with minimum water spilled.

That flexible 3" tee was a _____ getting it in place, but it's there.

I just capped the 1-1/2" pipe, that was the drain before, down low in the wall.

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

Washing machine waste line - InterNACHI®️ Forum

• Like 2

Tom I wish you’d stop posting about this. I feel the need to redo our washer line now that dumps into the sink instead of this T that’s already installed. 

IMG_4767.thumb.jpeg.1abaae988e6ffcd0c2281e54f6017b6f.jpeg

I’m scared to touch the water heater lines and laundry supply as I don’t want it it to become a bigger issue. Need to finish a few other projects first. IMG_4768.thumb.jpeg.d47f89e462b5050527a8f0a298b58891.jpeg

IMG_4769.thumb.jpeg.f9e3d9615d98dce49e55fab41ffbb65f.jpeg

No I didn’t install that saddle line and will fix it properly whenever we replace the water heater. It feeds a whole house humidifier that we don’t use unless it’s super cold for a long time.