Basement Project Journal

pkinneb

How much time in advance, did you spend planning and coming up with design Ideas for everything.  Did you draw everything yourself to pull the permits?

18 hours ago, Chestnut said:

So your wife is going to want to sell the house and move as soon as you're done?

This is something you should never, ever joke about.  But I understand, your young and still have time to learn.;)

1 hour ago, Chet said:

How much time in advance, did you spend planning and coming up with design Ideas for everything.  Did you draw everything yourself to pull the permits?

This is something you should never, ever joke about.  But I understand, your young and still have time to learn.;)

We new early on it would be primarily a rec area and the exercise room but the theater I have only been kicking around for about a year. I would say a large part of the extended build was the research required to get things designed and built. For the permits I only had to draw out three plans; a septic diagram, a plumbing diagram, and the floor plan. The septic and the plumbing were basically stick diagrams the floor plan was more official since I was moving some door ways one of which was in a bearing wall. 

1 minute ago, Chestnut said:

Did i offer you some of the forms and jigs from my build? Not sure if you want them or not.

You did and I still have it in my notes :) 

• Like 1

This week I finished the riser steps and cut in the outlet boxes

P230.JPG.dc4f5c3030b2f432b8c44a49b3423366.JPG

P229.JPG.a5906f36b9fe5431d1352d0f655e789a.JPG

Then I had to reroute the projector HDMI conduit since the original ended up in the HVAC return :o I'll have to stuff the one in the wall with insulation it will be behind the projector so it will never be seen.

P226.JPG.8881aac9aa8efda28ce867ff985d44e7.JPG

P227.JPG.13ee50377289436f859263cabddafac1.JPG

P228.JPG.50ce86df5f547125d1d001432720bd4a.JPG

Lastly thanks to Chestnut and RonnW I finally got to Siwek's and picked up some poplar I needed for the door jamb and the soffit lip...who says you cant haul 12' lumber in a five foot box :P Oh and there was a flag on there when I left lol

P231.JPG.aab283299b83ed2e7ffd6377781babe2.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom King said:

I always wondered how many times those flags ever did any good.   What JD tractor is that?   I've been looking for one to run a larger belly mower than the riding mower, but there are so many to choose from that it's not an easy decision.  

JD 4115 full disclosure I don’t mow with it other than my brush hog. I use it for blowing the driveway, mowing back the woods with the brush hog a couple times a year, and whatever else my sil needs it for lol. I’ve had it since new about 12ish years and it’s been great. I have forks for the bucket which are nice as well. I have a JD z445 for mowing awesome mower but I’ll never buy another zero turn mower with out a suspension. It’s fast but beats the crap out of me ;)

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I think that would violate the 4 foot out of the bed unflagged. :P:D

Yeah I was a little concerned but no issues, at the angle it was at not going to hit to many vehicles :D

• Like 1

What kind of surface are you mounting the LED tape too? Sticking it to something that doesn't dissipate the heat well enough can lead to color shift and drastically shortened life. A strip of aluminum works well, or Lee Valley sells a couple of different aluminum extrusions made for LED tape.

23 minutes ago, drzaius said:

What kind of surface are you mounting the LED tape too? Sticking it to something that doesn't dissipate the heat well enough can lead to color shift and drastically shortened life. A strip of aluminum works well, or Lee Valley sells a couple of different aluminum extrusions made for LED tape.

hmm i was just planning on the poplar...it appears some more research/testing is required :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mark J said:

I don't see a "movie popcorn machine".  It won't do for this setup to serve something outa the microwave.  :)

Its on the list and picked out just waiting for it to go on sale, I'm not one to pay full price if I can help it. It will sit in the back corner of the bar next to our frozen concoction maker that I picked up on sale last week , 33% off still crazy expensive but the wife wants what the wife wants :) 

IMG_4914.JPG.dc6ff2abcbb53a760be66d529a1f98fc.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 7:30 AM, pkinneb said:

Its on the list and picked out just waiting for it to go on sale, I'm not one to pay full price if I can help it. It will sit in the back corner of the bar next to our frozen concoction maker that I picked up on sale last week , 33% off still crazy expensive but the wife wants what the wife wants :) 

IMG_4914.JPG.dc6ff2abcbb53a760be66d529a1f98fc.JPG

Will there be a drawing to attend the first party or does it go to high bidder? :D

37 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I bought gas at a totally automatic filling station once.  It was weird.

Was it an above ground tank with 1 pump where you had to drive over the safety berm to get to the pump? Did it also have a portajohn and a vending machine to cover the convience store?

8 hours ago, K Cooper said:

In reality, you guys know how lucky you really are. Sure, you have to make a HD shopping list and plan your trip but today,  I drove 45 minutes west and never got to the other side of the city. To us, remote is something that operates the tv. 

Oh trust me I love it! Folks coming to visit not so much...luckily for me that's their problem LOL