20 minute wrist saver.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Nice work! It'd take me longer than 20 min to find my brad nailer... I swear i got it back from whom ever i borrowed it to.

It took exactly 12   18ga brads, and I could have got by with 8.  Over engineered.  And it's unfinished.  And won't be finished.  But I will make a nice one since this one works so well.

• Like 1

Now ain’t you something! I think it probably wasn’t the weight of the book, only that it was hard to hold with a beer in one hand and a cigar in the other;)

46 minutes ago, Tom King said:

Glad to see there is still someone else who reads paper.

+1

Without a morning newspaper, there’s little use for toilet paper! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RichardA said:

I actually stole the idea from a church podium.

That just sounds bad saying you stole something from the church...lol

And what exactly do you put on that wooden mechanism again? Do you happen to have a phone book still? lol

• Haha 2

Reading is one thing...Comprehending seems to be another.  Any idea that is not registered, is subject to  use by another.  I used an idea.  No, there's not a phone book, but I do use it for "books"  You are aware of what a book is? Or are you stuck in just looking up numbers?  And oddly, I do have a local "phone" book, but I rarely need it. If it seems to complicated for you, here's how it's used.  I hope you acquired a tad of knowledge.

DSC02643.JPG

DSC02644.JPG

1 hour ago, RichardA said:

Reading is one thing...Comprehending seems to be another.  Any idea that is not registered, is subject to  use by another.  I used an idea.  No, there's not a phone book, but I do use it for "books"  You are aware of what a book is? Or are you stuck in just looking up numbers?  And oddly, I do have a local "phone" book, but I rarely need it. If it seems to complicated for you, here's how it's used.  I hope you acquired a tad of knowledge.

DSC02643.JPG

DSC02644.JPG

Was just a lighthearted joke. Yes I do know what a book is, however, I do have a fascination with numbers though (Applied Mathematics Major) and thanks for the illustration, I really did know how it was being used. Enjoy your book stand I think it’s nice. If I had a phone book I would try to make one myself :p

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJC said:

Was just a lighthearted joke. Yes I do know what a book is, however, I do have a fascination with numbers though (Applied Mathematics Major) and thanks for the illustration, I really did know how it was being used. Enjoy your book stand I think it’s nice. If I had a phone book I would try to make one myself :p

I guess a way to prop a book while you read would be difficult, when you're used to walking with your head lowered and your hands together holding a smart phone and your thumbs going a mile a minute.

3 hours ago, RichardA said:

I guess a way to prop a book while you read would be difficult, when you're used to walking with your head lowered and your hands together holding a smart phone and your thumbs going a mile a minute.

Yeah I don’t know how people do that, it would make my eyes go crazy trying to see that small screen plus I’m all thumbs so texting is better done with the talk to text feature on my iPhone. I prefer to do my work or online fellowship from here. It is much easier to see on one of these screens and my chair is comfy.

CCD8D276-BF2B-470E-956E-9DFA16375FBA.jpeg

• Like 1