How To pickup puppy during Pandemic

Tom King

That plane doesn’t have fully pressurized and heated cargo areas. Dog goes in the cabin and they (might) ask you to hold the dog during takeoff/landing. It’s up to the pilot. During flight they’ll probably let the dog roam. Same goes with kids.

Private flight rules are vastly different than commercial flying. I’ve walked through the FBO (terminal for municipal airports) with an axe in my hand and into a plane very similar to that one. I’ve flown on that plane, also operated by NetJets (on someone else’s dime... or tens of thousands of dimes...), they’ve got good food, drinks, and ipads with internet/games/movies on board for you to use. 

edit to add: Also, NetJets doesn’t do one-time flights as far as I’m aware. You have to buy a portion of a plane, plus a hefty monthly fee, and sign a 5-year contract to get access to their fleet. I’m guessing this is how they’d pick up the puppy regardless of the current pandemic. 

Embraer says the aft baggage is heated, and from the looks of it, the aft pressure bulkhead just 'might' be aft of the baggage compartment. Usually if they're heated they're also pressurized, but I confess to not knowing anything about that little jet. John it sounds like you speak from experience so I defer to that :)

Helluva way to get your doggie home though! They're not cheap to operate, but what certified airplane is? Must be a cool dog :D

What kind of dog is it? Ours weighs about 8 pounds.

None of our puppies go cargo.  You have to come pick it up, if you're getting it from us, and it rides in the cabin with you.  The puppies are around 5 pounds when they leave here.

Havanese  www.starbornhavanese.com

You can see the puppies by clicking on the links on the New Puppies page.  Pam's waiting list is at least a year long, so we never have any available at first contact.

I'm not sure if it's that particular model of plane.

We have someone else coming in an Amphibian, that will land on the lake, and come out of the water in our cove that I just cleaned out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Embraer says the aft baggage is heated, and from the looks of it, the aft pressure bulkhead just 'might' be aft of the baggage compartment. Usually if they're heated they're also pressurized, but I confess to not knowing anything about that little jet. John it sounds like you speak from experience so I defer to that :)

Helluva way to get your doggie home though! They're not cheap to operate, but what certified airplane is? Must be a cool dog :D

What kind of dog is it? Ours weighs about 8 pounds.

Now that you say it, I think you’re right that it is pressurized. Looks like heating is optional. 

9 hours ago, Tom King said:

Charter a jet. I'm not kidding.   We have someone doing this.

https://www.netjets.com/en-us/embraer-phenom-300

My brother, who is a corporate jet mechanic, said the netjets type companies are really the only ones flying but they are really busy. The corporate and commercial planes are pretty much moth balled at the moment. He is currently down in Tucson with his companies Challenger 300 for a large inspection and repaint. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodenskye said:

Never been on a private jet, this puppy puts me too shame.  :unsure:  I also don't think Tom charged enough for the puppy!  

I"ve been trying to tell Pam that she needs to go up in price.  With so many people staying home, we're getting multiple inquiries every day.  Pam always has a waiting list longer than we can possibly raise enough puppies for, but the demand has gone up exponentially during this pandemic.

11 hours ago, Coop said:

I may be an oddball but netjets is the only way I will travel by air now days. The comfort and convenience are well worth it to my family and pets. 

Hhmmmm....are the luggage compartments suitable for loading a few boards of @Spanky's curly maple?   :D

11 hours ago, Coop said:

I may be an oddball but netjets is the only way I will travel by air now days. The comfort and convenience are well worth it to my family and pets. 

Hhmmmm....are the luggage compartments suitable for loading a few boards of @Spanky's curly maple?   :D

3 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Probably not but the isle way certainly is, just don't muck up the multi million dollar interior putting them in LOL. 

They're very loving, smart, and trainable.  They've been used for circus dogs for centuries. They are total companion dogs, with no instinct to hunt, or dig.  They are also odorless (never a dog odor), and non-shedding.  We've come up with a system that trains them to a litterbox, so they go home house trained.  The line at the door stretches across the country.

Here's one of ours, trained by her 12 year old owner, who also made the video:

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 3:04 PM, RichardA said:

It's to late for me.  I'd love a dog that doesn't shed.  Mine is a Lab/Newfie and sheds twice a year.  Jan to july, then a day break then July to Jan.  I've cleaned out 6 dogs worth of hair since Jan.  

Set him next to your dust collector and leave the hose end open :)

26 minutes ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Set him next to your dust collector and leave the hose end open :)

I've tried  using the shop vac I use in the house because of his hair. He puts up with it for a couple of minutes, then he wants to stick his nose in the hose. I need his loose hair in the vac, not his snot.

• Haha 2

Ours are little athletes too.  This is a chart of the 10 fastest Havanese currently running in Agility Trials.  We have two in the top 10.  Those are the only two that came from here, who are competing in agility, and their owners are nothing like athletes.

https://baddogagility.com/Havanese-ranking-by-powerscore-for-2020-through-q1/?fbclid=IwAR1en0HadjoefsRzqm0Ym__nR9-LHJDYvSIEJtNdkwTZol1e-dFVMn1r_fk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flying puppies around in a Gulfstream, any Gulfstream, is pretty choice travel :)

The ones that aren't stretched out are the 600 models, which would be my guess for a puppy lol

Gear lights present more problems than many people would think. Sometimes it requires a retraction test on the ground to make sure they work, which is a lot of work for a proximity switch that's 0.001" out of range. Grrrr....