Finally Reorganizing My Shop

Robby W

The getting rid of is part of the next step of reorganizing. Some of it will be easy, some will be harder. I have quite a bit of stuff from my father's shop, much of which are duplicates of what I already have. Getting rid of those things will be a bit harder.

• Like 1

Mines mainly lumber. Had a lot of projects to use a lot of it up on but my lack of woodworking interest has paused that... when a commercial shop I worked for retired he Gave me all the lumber. I should have declined...

Everyone one thinks more is better, it's a nightmare. ...

I'm looking for a jon boat and trailer to rework this winter. If that happens I'll need the space. Meaning I'll have to part with the lumber. I offered this on letgo one time and everyone declined. Said they didn't want scraps. Scraps are in top the 8/4  mahogany, walnut board 8+ feet are on the bottom... stupid people won't come and look....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robby W said:

he getting rid of is part of the next step of reorganizing. Some of it will be easy, some will be harder. I have quite a bit of stuff from my father's shop, much of which are duplicates of what I already have. Getting rid of those things will be a bit harder.

Possibly compare all duplicates and choose the best one. If they are equal keep your fathers tools. Just an idea...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I hate plumbing, I will do it if needed but I hate it.

5 hours ago, Robby W said:

And, to top things off, as my son was replacing the glass door in it tracks, it exploded in his hands...

This is the second time I have heard of this.  My brother in law was re-hanging their master bath shower door.  As he was lifting it he barely bumped the track over head and the door instantly shattered.  He was extremely lucky because in my opinion he was being extremely stupid in doing something like this in his flip flops.

• Like 1

I shattered a pane setting a window on Saturday, but that was my own stupidity as I am out of practice. I supported it improperly as I mulled a set of windows into a single unit. The glass was a $300 mistake, but it was only one of a dual pane assembly, so I installed it while I had help. That means my mistake is on display until the replacement arrives. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1