Getting Caught Up

..Kev

4 hours ago, treeslayer said:

beautiful work as usual kev, i hope theres a three stooges marathon on for your recovery. moe, larry and curly got me thru my knee surgery recovery, oh yeah, and some good pain killers

Those guys are knee slappers so recovery must have been rough!

great looking stuff Kev! The worst part about oral surgery for me is the darn 2x they use to keep your mouth open. Opt for the gas and it will go smoother.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Those guys are knee slappers so recovery must have been rough!

great looking stuff Kev! The worst part about oral surgery for me is the darn 2x they use to keep your mouth open. Opt for the gas and it will go smoother.

Thanks..  They'll be knocking me out..  4 wisdom teeth and the tooth that I broke while traveling for work..  I made it abundantly clear to them that I was leaving again soon and had sawdust to make before going.  Vicodin, beer,  and table saws are a good mix right? ;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Thanks..  They'll be knocking me out..  4 wisdom teeth and the tooth that I broke while traveling for work..  I made it abundantly clear to them that I was leaving again soon and had sawdust to make before going.  Vicodin, beer,  and table saws are a good mix right? ;)

I have been prescribed vicodin a few times (after an apendectomy, a really bad back problem and, like you, oral surgery).

I never needed it for the pain but learned that a Vicodin before bedtime results in some very vivid dreams.  A Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds sort of thing. Not that I would condone such a thing :) 

9 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

Hey Kev, I was looking at these some more.  The first on looks like it is a shadow box design, Yes?  Did you engrave the brass plate also?

It is a shadow box..  Was actually a restoration job where the original frame was crap!  The original frame was hemlock baseboard trim material and had completely fallen apart and there was no glass on the original.  

The plate and mic had sentimental value to the client and the colors were important to her.  She had no clue about different wood species and just assumed that I would pick some wood and stain it dark.  After some education, she agreed that the Wenge was the best choice..

The back is some left over 1/4" walnut ply and I ordered a piece of tempered glass for the top.  I also used space balls on the glass for obvious reasons.

The finish is Arm-R-Seal

The box and the cutting board ship on Monday.  

13 hours ago, Mike. said:

I never needed it for the pain but learned that a Vicodin before bedtime results in some very vivid dreams.  A Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds sort of thing. Not that I would condone such a thing :) 

I've taken Vicodin twice after surgeries. The first time I was at home and had nightmares so stopped taking it. The second time was in the hospital and every time I feel asleep my dreams would be reading the manual for the infusion machine which is boring as hell. So I've never experienced any "good" side effects from it.