Odd habits...

Llama

1 hour ago, Llama said:

I hate wearing shoes! My main push for retiring early is so I don't have to wear shoes unless I really want to.

Now I feel normal. As we were walking out the door last night to go to dinner, my wife looked down and suggested tha I might want to go back inside and put shoes on. For me, I have to brush my teeth with the hot water running so when I finish, there will be instant hot water for the shower. 

Lester, if your wife grabs a handful of butt in passing, do you grab it too? Not sure I want to know!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Now I feel normal. As we were walking out the door last night to go to dinner, my wife looked down and suggested tha I might want to go back inside and put shoes on. For me, I have to brush my teeth with the hot water running so when I finish, there will be instant hot water for the shower. 

Lester, if your wife grabs a handful of butt in passing, do you grab it too? Not sure I want to know!

I brush my teeth with warm water because I hate it when my hands get cold. 

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

shoot in Curling

I've wanted to play this game for a while. It is one of the only ones I watch during the olympics. 

I guess I don't play is because, well, I don't even like sweeping the house. Much less cruising down the lane sweeping faster than a crackhead with two brooms. If I could just push the stone, I'd be alright! 

I guess I'm not alone, I eat food one item at a time, when I go fishing I must give the first bait to the lake gods, before starting, my coffee is sugar, coffee and milk when at home and sugar and coffee when out, I must brush my teeth first thing after waking up,  if now my whole day is screwed up, never thought about the shoe thing, but always the right shoe first, I guess we all have a bit of OCD, I guess my biggest is never fill up the service truck at the end of the day, you will get a service call,

I cannot go outside without my glasses. I wear them even while it's raining. I make sure they are on before I walk out of work or my house.

Shorts, yes! Mostly sandals too. In the shop, I wear flip-flops.

Hats... This is where I am really strange. I have a knit hat with llamas on it. I wear this hat everywhere. All day while at work, in business meetings, while giving presentations, it's my thing... I actually stopped wearing it for a day, and got asked why I wasn't wearing it. I've thought about wearing a different one. I have 5 of basically the same hat, all llamas, just different colors.

This is a pic of myself and LeRoy Butler. He happened to be at a local grocery store signing autographs. Anyway, here is the hat... 

12733470_10208913121453469_9485901193824

I cannot go outside without my glasses. I wear them even while it's raining. I make sure they are on before I walk out of work or my house.

Shorts, yes! Mostly sandals too. In the shop, I wear flip-flops.

Hats... This is where I am really strange. I have a knit hat with llamas on it. I wear this hat everywhere. All day while at work, in business meetings, while giving presentations, it's my thing... I actually stopped wearing it for a day, and got asked why I wasn't wearing it. I've thought about wearing a different one. I have 5 of basically the same hat, all llamas, just different colors.

This is a pic of myself and LeRoy Butler. He happened to be at a local grocery store signing autographs. Anyway, here is the hat... 

12733470_10208913121453469_948590119382441571_n.jpg?oh=e3f5795cb98d6780d7d9fdab62adba1a&oe=57739043

That's a fun habit. Once worked with a guy who wore a bow tie everyday, he was among the few of us that could actually rock it. He did it specifically to stand out in a corporate atmosphere. Any time someone had to ask who Dorn was someone would answer "the bow tie guy" and invariably the response was, "Oh I know that guy, I see him around all the time."

You are the Llama guy.

Here is a new one, don't know if it is a weird habit or just a sign I've become to digital dependent, but I feel like my privacy has been violated when I get unsolicited phone calls. Start with a text or an email, when I've determined that your important enough to speak, we can schedule a call.

If you show up at my house unannounced, I might call the cops.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisphr said:

You are the Llama guy. emoji3.png

He did it specifically to stand out in a corporate atmosphere.

I started wearing it because I really don't care what people think, and I am a bit of a jackass... Then it became a thing, and now I don't think I could stop it. These sort of things have their own momentum. 

20 minutes ago, ChrisG-Canada said:

You guys are a freak show!  LOL

I now feel amazing about myself because I have no weird habits or OCD.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it - just don't talk to my wife...

You will now be referred to as Boring ChrisG from Canada.

• Like 1

You guys are a freak show!  LOL

I now feel amazing about myself because I have no weird habits or OCD.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it - just don't talk to my wife...

You will now be referred to as Boring ChrisG from Canada.

He's Canadian, they are all boring....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I eat pizza really fast. I can't eat it slow. I takes me 5 bites to finish a slice and they are all eaten in the same manner. One takes me 1/3 to the crust, bite 2 takes me another third, bite 3 takes me 1/2" away from the crust, and then 2 equal crust bites finish it. I buy 3 always, and have it timed in my car to finish the last slice at the traffic light 1 mile away from where the pizzeria is. Square pizza throws me off my game, so I try to avoid it. 

• Like 2

As a kid I had a thing that wherever I went, I always had to exactly retrace the same path back from where I came. Be it across town or through a room. It got to the point where it caused me such stress if I couldn't take the same return path that I just broke myself of the habit. It went on for years though.

15 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Square pizza is wrong, much like square pie.

Years back I worked with a guy from Italy and he used to bring in pizza made the way they did in his home town.  It was one of the best things I have ever tasted.  But there was two things that he was dead serious about when it came to pizza, they're always square and there is never cheese on them.  But I am sure it can be a regional thing like a lot of cultural food is.

I'm easy to please.  I have to have my beer cold, and my women hot.  Oh wait,     I quit drinking.  I was seriously considering building a Curling facility here.  I thought it might go over big with all the active, successful retired people we have here on the lake.  I still might do it, but not until I'm tired of working and quit.

• Like 1