Hijack!

Llama

4 minutes ago, BonPacific said:

Love Dutch bros, though that lid always makes me feel like I'm nursing a sippy cup.

Are the Dutch Bros baristas where you are overly friendly? The ones around here always come off as if they are pandering and it drives me insane. I have other coffee shops I go to where the baristas are friendly but you can tell they genuinely care and aren't just 'fitting into the culture'... I dunno... maybe I overanalyze :P

3 minutes ago, MisterDrow said:

Are the Dutch Bros baristas where you are overly friendly? The ones around here always come off as if they are pandering and it drives me insane. I have other coffee shops I go to where the baristas are friendly but you can tell they genuinely care and aren't just 'fitting into the culture'... I dunno... maybe I overanalyze :P

Yeah, it was pretty weird the first time through, but still good coffee. Very different from my local place where the baristas and I know each other by name now, and they remember my usual.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BonPacific said:

Yeah, it was pretty weird the first time through, but still good coffee. Very different from my local place where the baristas and I know each other by name now, and they remember my usual.

LOL yeah, mine will message me on FB if I haven't been in for a while to make sure I'm okay!

• Like 1

I gave up take out coffee about a year ago.  Here the favourite is Tim Hortons, but to be honest, i far prefer another brand (coffee culture).  Besides the ridiculous cost (2 bucks) for a cup of coffee, the waiting was getting insane.

So, now I make a pot at home (which is better than commercial) and take a thermos to work and a mug for the car ride.  Once you find a nice bean, grinding it fresh is the way to go.

Between me and my wife, we prob save about 80 bucks a month avoiding take out coffee (and mine is better!).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Finally there will be money for a new Powermatic TS and the Festool Domino. I'm betting $1k on Houston against New England at 10:1 odds. I think I'll wait until Sunday to order it in case there 's some unforeseen glitch.

Unless the Patriots all miss the bus from the team hotel, Houston will have a hard time covering, never mind winning the game. I dislike NE, but I have no faith in Osweiler. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Growing up in the South as a kid I had respect for Dr. Kings message about judging people on the strength of their character . Unfortunately there seems to be a great lack of character these days.

Amen Brother!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lester Burnham said:

I made a bench 6 months ago, it lives next to the front door and I use it every morning when I'm putting on my feet. We park our shoes under it. I decided to look it over this morning and see how it's holding up. Every single dowel is sticking up a little, other than that it seems ok. I wonder if they'll be flush again when summer rolls around or maybe the maple was a holding a little water weight?

YQOI3frh.jpg

NGV893Nh.jpg

Is  the piece close to a heat vent? Im wondering if the pegs became glue starved upon assembly. Can you pound ("tap") those back in flush?  

-Ace-

Is there a heat register or radiator right near this bench? I have a desk with a register blowing from directly underneath which has "shrinkage" issues.

Also the photos seem to show that the wood is unfinished. If so, it shouldn't be a big deal to chisel, sand, and finish.