Hijack!

Llama

My wife continues to surprise me on Christmas. She says I'm difficult because I just save up and get my own things. She random picked this stuff on her own. 10/10 in my opinion. The caliper is fun stuff. I've been checking things all day. Looking forward to trying out this saw. I wonder if it's going to be weird because it's backwards.

MeDvfDph.jpg

Ho ho ho!

A caliper does not collapse under its own weight at full extension. For all other tasks, it is much better that a tape measure.

• Like 2

My brother in law has a little bit of land with some woods and no close neighbors.  He's an engineer who loves building machines.  He's getting bandsaw mill fever and I think he'll actually build one. This could be a very good thing!

You put him on to Matt Cremona's build series yet?

Dare hime to go bigger!

Last evening I was going out to the shop(in a blizzard) and when I got about 100 feet away I heard something running. I thought; "Dang, did I leave the heater on?", but no, that wasn't the heater vent I was hearing. When I was within 25 or 30 feet I could tell it was a shop-vac running.

I know I didn't leave a shop-vac running. I mean, how could you leave the shop and not notice a machine is running?

I reached out, turned the door knob, and started to open the door when the shop-vac kicked off.

Nobody was in there.

The only thing I can think of is that I have two separate shop-vacs on iVac automated vacuum switches. Perhaps one of them is malfunctioning and the switch is turning on periodically.

Or maybe I have a ghost that enjoys woodworking.:wacko:

• Like 1

Was out running errands yesterday and stopped in at Crosscut Hardwoods in Seattle, the first time I've ever been there.

Sigh.

Oh, to have the room and the budget for some of that lumber.... The big 16/4 ash slabs immediately had me thinking "Roubo." Maybe in another fifteen years, when my wife retires and we can move to a home with a shop.

• Like 1