Hijack!

Llama

It was -27 around supper time, but now it's warmed up to a balmy -23.5. We've had a couple of weeks of mostly -20 or colder & I'm growing weary of it. Next week is supposed to be back to highs of above freezing though.

That is entirely unacceptable for this Texan... In no way shape or form is that OK... The only time it should be cold is when I'm in a deer blind but not THAT cold

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hey  Ice... Do you have space for a bench about 5' and 22" deep? with a single vise?  They are not the best in the world, but Harbor Freight sells a bench for around $140 that will tide you over till you can build one or get more space.  I have one, that I've now turned into an outfeed table, Brendon has one as well, but since he built his new bench, his is religated to another use as well.  I like sometimes hand sawing boards, it's kinda retro. Ya done good!

I took advantage of the 65 degree December weather yesterday and got started on a few little boxes. I used the worst piece from that Bellforest order I got.

When you don't have a proper woodworking bench or a bandsaw, a router table and clamps works. haha!

9gCwZfV.gif

Only took 25 minutes. :blink:

ZbUprmc.jpg

Figured I'd try making the continuous grain style since I haven't done that yet.

QBVND7n.jpg

I've got to take a couple inches off of these but I like how they turned out. Now I kinda hate every single box I made before.

Hard to tell by the picture. Do you have a four corner match there or only three corner?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

-15 degrees here this AM and a high temp of -3 today, ah the joys of winter:

engine oil turns into grease

gas lines freeze

tires freeze with the flat spot on the bottom until driven for a few miles

windshield wipers with 2 inches of ice on them, frozen to the windshield

lights won't turn on in the shop until warmed up

frostbite in 10 minutes or less on exposed skin

diesel engines won't start at all

using a "snow rake" on the roof to get some weight off

snow plow puts a 2' high pile of ice and snow in front of your driveway

i'm sure there's more, just my current rant

Beer freezes if not brought in from the garage. 

-Ace-

Nice diggs. Is the term "mid south" an attempt to avoid being lumped in with the "deep south" ?

I think its a Memphis thing. That is the nearest 'big city', and their TV newscasters seem to love that term.

It isn't considered "deep" until you cross into MS, AL, or GA. SC might count, but its on the Atlantic coast, sooo....

7 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

I'm supposedly living in the 'Mid-South'. Temp was 72*F yesterday. This morning I wake up to this:

2ce5978c69cbdd9a6a33ad8b300926ab.jpg

What's this crazy white stuff on my roof, and why is it 17*F now???

Canada, seriously...please keep your climatory issues to yourself! 

Sorry about the snow, Ross, that realy sucks. Trust me, I feel your pain LOL. Thats a really sweet house you have there. I like the yard, the walkway, the house, all of it! Symmetry pleases the eye. You can tell a really anal woodworker lives there !