Hijack!

Llama

6 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

OK guys - which size Knew Concepts fret saw should I put on my Christmas list? I can see using it for dovetails and breadboard ends - what else are they good for? I have a scroll saw if I even need to do that kind of work. 

8" Titanium ! Go big or go home !!

Any of you with kids should be able to identify with this... gave me a good laugh.

cantfindit.gif

Lol yeah thats my daughter.

"Dad i cant find whatever"

"You need it, search youre room thoroughly."

Comes back 20 seconds later

"I looked everywhere its gone, can you buy me a new one?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ordered a Freud 24 tooth rip blade and a 1-1/4" Wood Owl auger bit this morning to help finish up my workbench.  Rip blade should come in handy making a cutting board for my dad for xmas too.  Amazon says they both should be here before the weekend too! 

I'm becoming a big fan of the Wood Owl auger tricut auger bits.  I bought a 3/4" one a while back to bore dog holes but ended up using it to bore through studs for running electrical.  Cuts fast and clean.  Sadly I hit a nail with that one at some point (went through apparently)  and boogered it up a bit so I'll get another for the dog holes later, cleaned it up with a file and it still works but not as clean.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009OAJTY/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 minute ago, Llama said:

Mine was somewhere between zero and 15. I should buy some heaters.

Yeah, 18 below was a bit much. I haven't gotten anything done out there in the last few days.

I have four heaters. The main one is a Re Verber Ray propane powered tube heater. It can heat the space even with the gaps in the building, but it is expensive to run. I use that to take the sting off, and then I use a couple of electric space heaters and possibly the tent heater pointed directly at my bench.

13 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

You must have good insulation. My shop has only dropped below 40 a few time without heat running and that's when it drops well below 0. 

Yeah. I was amazed. It's has been as low as 24 below and as high as 12 above over the last few days, and it is still around freezing in the shop. Just amazing!