Hijack!

Llama

Kids change everything chestnut.  a dinner for 4 adults is totally different than 3 meals a day for a family of 5, plus snacks and the dozen cups they go through a day.   Yes, it is an hour of dishes (to wash, dry, and put away) if we were to hand wash every day.  But when you have a job, a shop and 3 kids, an extra hour is hard to find. 

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Huh maybe i have an awesome system for washing but it never seems like i spend more then 10 min at the sink washing for a 4 person meal. I cook for friends a lot. I also constantly wash while cooking, as soon as I'm done with something it's getting washed and put on a drying rack.

You should come watch me cook. I'll use half the dishes in one meal. My wife does not like it. But she doesn't complain when she DOESN'T get sick because I switched to a clean set of tongs once the chicken is cooked (because you really shouldn't use the old ones with raw chicken juice on them.)

1 minute ago, Cliff said:

You should come watch me cook. I'll use half the dishes in one meal. My wife does not like it. But she doesn't complain when she DOESN'T get sick because I switched to a clean set of tongs once the chicken is cooked (because you really shouldn't use the old ones with raw chicken juice on them.)

Yeah obviously they get washed while coking. I don't know why you'd think i didn't follow proper kitchen cleanliness.

15 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Ah sorry it read like you were saying i give guests food poisoning.

Not purposely. 

When I cook I destroy half the kitchen, dirty everything and slowly back away from the newly minted ground zero, leaving my wife to stare in horror at what I've wrought upon our household and family honor. So a dishwasher is handy.

• Like 1

The only tongs I use are the two god gave me.   Not really, but I use my hands a lot.  A friend of my wife's was watching me touch raw quicken and was like "oh, gross I can't touch raw chicken.  I would get salmonella for sure".  So I picked up the raw chicken and licked it.  She basically puked in her mouth. No, I did not get salmonella. 

1 minute ago, Mike. said:

The only tongs I use are the two god gave me.   Not really, but I use my hands a lot.  A friend of my wife's was watching me touch raw quicken and was like "oh, gross I can't touch raw chicken.  I would get salmonella for sure".  So I picked up the raw chicken and licked it.  She basically puked in her mouth. No, I did not get salmonella. 

c0ac4af28620ea38e5a1390fd79e61e9bd61daba

15 hours ago, Chestnut said:

People also swear by automatic transmissions and i can figure those stupid things out. Give me a clutch and a gear selector any day.

My wife and I much prefer manual transmissions. But getting stuck in Seattle's beep-and-creep traffic every day will make you pray for an automatic. Moral of the story: Don't move to Seattle. :D

55 minutes ago, ClassAct said:

My wife and I much prefer manual transmissions. But getting stuck in Seattle's beep-and-creep traffic every day will make you pray for an automatic. Moral of the story: Don't move to Seattle. :D

I have had people tell me that often and I've dealt with traffic. Honestly the "beep-and-creep" traffic would bother me more in an auto. Doesn't your foot get tired holding that brake? That's so much work. Also just because i live in a rural state doesn't mean traffic is non-existent here. There are a lot of times that I'd trade our traffic for city traffic, I've been through both. 45 min for a 15 mile commute may be frustrating until it takes 45 min to do a 2 mile commute. You start to think "i could have walked this faster".

2 hours ago, ClassAct said:

But but but...money.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

You start to think "i could have walked this faster".

Because you could...get a bike and you definitely could, lol. And yes, you can ride a bike in the snow. It's fine.

14 hours ago, Mike. said:

No, Tuna tastes a lot better.  Raw chicken tastes a lot like it smells.  Also, if anyone ever tells you frog tastes like chicken, they are lying.  

I've had frog legs many times.  It tastes like fish with the texture of chicken.  If they're made just right, they rock.  It's a lot of work for not much meat though.

2 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Because you could...get a bike and you definitely could, lol. And yes, you can ride a bike in the snow. It's fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Nokian-Hakkapelitta-Winter-Commuter-Bicycle/dp/B00G6GE0Z8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1479837935&sr=8-8&keywords=carbide+studded+bike+tires

I've ridden on tires like this they work far better then you can imagine.

• Like 1

Fat bikes are the rustic furniture of the bike world right now.  Every hipster has one.  They can go through anything...at approximately two and a half miles per hour.  I see idiots riding them around on the gravel trails in my area and I just have to roll my eyes.

Image result for fat bike

Yeah, as though getting a lighter tire to spin wasn't enough effort already.  Pretty sure the rednecks who don't even know why they are buying a bike with big tires are the ones buying those around here.  The hipsters all ride fixed gear bikes with pastel colored wheels around here.  Stupid hipsters.  And of course they have to ride the opposite direction of travel and of course in the road to be an extra pain in the ass. 

Fat bikes are the rustic furniture of the bike world right now.  Every hipster has one.  They can go through anything...at approximately two and a half miles per hour.  I see idiots riding them around on the gravel trails in my area and I just have to roll my eyes.

KHS-159-ATB5000_02_LOW.jpg

They are useful in some cases though. Just because morons mis use them doesn't make them garbage

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk