Hijack!

Llama

On 11/22/2016 at 8:21 PM, xxdabroxx said:

I've found it wasn't any more expensive than feeding quality dry food. I've found chicken leg quarters for $0.69 a lb locally and duke eats a little over a pound a day, bones and all (raw bones are cool, cooked not so). I also mix in organ meats, fish and beef from time to time too. He really likes his organ meats, he'll dig them out of the bowl first. 

Oh probably I should point out that I have a 150lb mastiff that eats a ton and is allergic to chicken. I would have to feed her beef, lamb, buffalo, salmon. :)

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Can your mastiff eat venison ?  Maybe it's time to go hunting and get a freezer.

I think she can. I won't go hunting myself, but a friend of mine does. I'm going to go in on the processing fee if she bags on so I can make deer sausage. As for the dog.. my wife would probably not be a fan. Because she's obsessed with deer having mad cow disease and spreading it. Her mom worked in an animal testing lab and they saw it all the time, and one of the people there even got infected from one of the animals brought in. 

I'd be much more confident eating a deer killed in the wild than I would a toxic waste dump of a cow you buy in the grocery store.  Unless it's certified grass-fed organic beef, you're eating nastiness.  Deer are far healthier animals than factory farm cattle, generally speaking.

• Like 2

Working on a #5C restoration for a friend of mine. The plane belonged to his father, and even though it's a crappy plane (a poor Swedish imitation of the Stanley #5C), he wants it in good condition. So following YouTube directives, I removed the rust with vinegar (that worked like a charm), then washed it with water and baking soda, and finally sprayed some paint on it:

5c.jpg