Hijack!

Llama

I was that guy when I was in my twenties. The more I invested in woodworking tools and shop space the less plumbing and handyman work I took on. Now it's gotten much more difficult to keep up with the details of all the wide variety of hardware & equipment out there these days. 

On 6/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, Llama said:

I am starting this thread so it will give us hijackers a place to be free.

I'll start by asking something:

What is the best place in Ohio to get a burger?

Just had an excellent burger at Clay Street Grill in Austinburg.   But their excellent nachos will feed a medium sized family.

Now for Hot Dogs, it's Scooter's, in Mentor On the Lake.  Excellent dogs, and the owner will take a head count of your party, and if it's less than 5, he won't let you order anything larger than a small fry.   The Large fry will easily feed a small European village, or a large American family. 

• Like 2

I've been eyeballing this kit for the last week or so. I don't want the tenon marker wheel though. I'm going to get the micro adjustment one.

detail.jpg?c=1480922692

@bleedinblue are you going to post your first attempts or hold off until you're making awesome stuff? Mine were pretty rough. I'm hoping it'll get better with proper marking tools.

3 dovetail markers seems a bit excessive. It might work out better just to get the saw, marking gauge you want (I have the micro adjust gauge and like it) and a dovetail marker in the angle you want.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lester Burnham said:

I detail.jpg?c=1480922692

@bleedinblue are you going to post your first attempts or hold off until you're making awesome stuff? Mine were pretty rough. I'm hoping it'll get better with proper marking tools.

I've been following your thread, you've got a lot better, and fast.

I'll post up my failures too, when I get to them.  I have to refinish an old entertainment center and turn it into a play kitchen for my daughter..my wife spends too much time on Pinterest...after that I am going to build a few tool stand cabinets.  These will have a total of 10-12 drawers and will be the perfect skill building project.  I'll take pictures of my progress and post em. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SawDustB said:

3 dovetail markers seems a bit excessive. It might work out better just to get the saw, marking gauge you want (I have the micro adjust gauge and like it) and a dovetail marker in the angle you want.

Totally agree ^^^.  And I'd just get the single marking gauge unless you plan to cut a bunch of M&T by hand.

My neighbor cooks.  I mean cooks . . . like a chef.  He also BBQ's . . . like a chef.  I just went out to toss something on the burn pile.  You could have just got up from Thanksgiving dinner and if you caught a whiff of what's coming from next door you'd think you were starving.

• Like 1