Hijack!

Llama

4 hours ago, Chet K said:

Mike, how does you DC work with the zero clearance fence?  I know when I added the fences the DC wasn't as good.

Made some cuts this evening and it's almost as good but getting a little dust in front of the saw. I might cut the miters deeper to expose more of the chute. 

IMG_0263.JPG

This is my go to rub for pulled pork. Dizzy Pig .  I figured there are a lot of people that have all ready wasted their time coming up with good rub recipes, so I'll just use theirs.  I like their Cow Lick for beef.

I play around with recipes but my bought rubs are always from Oakridge. For competition I make it own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpaceX launches a mission to the ISS, then NASA announces finding a galaxy much like ours.  Now SpaceX will send two paying customers around the moon.  Been quite a week space wise.

17 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I was just a kid when Neil made those first steps. Been a fan ever since. Totally disappointed in the directions NASA has turned. Thus an instant Space X fan !

I understand Steve!  I've been following the Space Program since Mercury.  When John Glenn orbited the earth I wanted to be an astronaut.  I met Werner VonBraun when I was about 10 and was in awe and how can anyone who watched Neil Armstrong step on the moon not be amazed.  I think what happened with NASA, putting aside Apollo I, Challenger and Columbia, is that going to space became so regular that it became ho-hum.  While the loss of life is devastating and sad, it is wrongheaded (IMHO) to essentially shut down government sponsored space exploration as a result.  While the list of daily "taken for granted" commercial applications of the space program is way too long to include here, I am concerned about space exploration becoming a commercial industry.  

It's fascinating to note that when JFK announced we would put a man on the moon within the decade, almost none of the technology necessary to accomplish the task existed.  We need that kind of drive again - perhaps to cure cancer?