Hijack!

Llama

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, drzaius said:

That's about it. She secretly gets a kick out of my idiocy. We also have a sort of grinder apple sauce maker that has seen the business end of a drill. Pretty messy.

A few years back my wife wanted to make olives.  I made a hinged thing with a 1/4"  01 rod and a hole to drop the pit.  She laughed, and then we pitted 50lbs of olives.  The olives were good, and she quit laughing.

18 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

A few years back my wife wanted to make olives.  I made a hinged thing with a 1/4"  01 rod and a hole to drop the pit.  She laughed, and then we pitted 50lbs of olives.  The olives were good, and she quit laughing.

Better eating through technology.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, C Shaffer said:

I DON'T CARE which system we operate under. Just quit flipping back and forth. To change for three months does what exactly? Pick one and stick with it. 

I used to hate the time change crap, now I am retired and don't give a rip!  Didn't even know today was the day. 

• Like 2

DLST was started back around WWI to supposedly save energy. Well to tell the truth, it NEVER saved ANYTHING!

If it is dark, you turn on a light, if it is cold, you turn on the furnace, if it is hot, you turn on the AC. It doesn't matter what the clock says.

Most of my relatives were farmers and they HATED DLST because it changed the time they came in from the field in the evening. They contended that we couldn't mess with God's time that way. I could not convince them to NOT change their clocks and I really didn't think that God invented the clock anyway.

Guess what? The government just keeps things going the same old way without considering how the public feels about it. I guess it is to give us something to complain about and not think about some of the other things they are doing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rapid Roger said:

Most of my relatives were farmers and they HATED DLST because it changed the time they came in from the field in the evening. They contended that we couldn't mess with God's time that way. I could not convince them to NOT change their clocks and I really didn't think that God invented the clock anyway.

My Dad's family were dairy farmers. The cow milking never changed. Business and school hours changed. The cows never changed. That is why most farmers hated it. 

My brother in law has a good bit of land.  A recent storm took down a couple trees he plans on taking to a mill.  It's pretty awesome if he gets into this, I'm sure I can trade some labor for stock.  The bad news is the newly fallen trees are red oak.  Still pretty cool, I'm hoping to get in on it when he takes them to the mill.  Watching the process on YouTube is pretty addicting, it should be better in person.

20170315_185140.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/15/2017 at 11:09 PM, bleedinblue said:

The bad news is the newly fallen trees are red oak.

Have it rift and quartered and it will be much more pleasing to the eye. My sawyer cuts all his oaks where he gets very little plain sawn. He says the technique to do takes more work but I don't know if it creates more waste.