Hijack!

Llama

37 minutes ago, Klappco said:

Dinner. Jamaica Jerk Wings and Cedar Plank Salmon

9f0e57cadfd2c87eb40ceb6113787ed1.jpg

Under way.

854c220a597262ac0bfb9113c8be1a4c.jpg

Salmon done. Simple salt and pepper seasoning.

Oh damn! Let me know next time you decide to do that and I'll bring the beer and quail instead of the wings! Looks good bud! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Staining light colored wood is best using dyes or "spray on leave on stains" . The spray on stains are thin solvent based products and you keep adding layers until you reach the desired darkness. They dry very rapidly and recoat time is only a few minutes. But a drip from your spray gun creates a spot that is almost impossible to repair. Wipe back that face w lacquer thinner and start over.  Seal the stained surfaces fairly soon scuffs aren't easy to fix either. Stacking or handling will scuff the stain.

General Finishes has some great dyes that would work much better onsite.

I don't do professional installations, but I'd add gel-stains to that list. Take a bit longer to dry, but application is easy/forgiving (repairable) and they work well on splotchy/light-colored/cheap woods.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

I just moved an entire bunk (102 pcs) of 16' treated pine 5/4 x 6 decking. From the driveway, 80' around to house, through a gate, and up a 4' stairway, and re-stacked. In about an hour and a half.

If I don't wake up tomorrow, its been nice knowing you all!

Hope you got a good bottle of whiskey, a hot tub and a wife that likes giving massages!  Maybe next time find a few guys and buy a couple of cases of beer and be a supervisor. 

43 minutes ago, bradpotts said:

Do they sell a roller that fits on a titebond glue bottle? I have the one that you can buy separate but I hate it.

Yeah I agree with Kev, brayers are the best for large surface glue applications...I like the soft rubber ones, personally.  If you keep them washed and cleaned well after each use, they'll last forever...

https://www.amazon.com/Speedball-Deluxe-4-Inch-Rubber-Brayer/dp/B003IFY622/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1494636207&sr=8-3&keywords=speedball+ink+roller

71m0Nl9X8pL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

You ever have 1 of those moments when you just have to admit your an idiot?  I kept seeing this thing on YouTube and I swear it said zip vice (like 10 times) I just kept thinking what a stupid idea, then I just saw it again and it was zip vase.  It's a turning, but who feels stupid, this guy!

• Like 2