Hijack!

Llama

16 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

I really, really need shop time.   I need to build something...not shop furniture like I've done with my available time lately, but real furniture.  I'm going stir crazy.  That is all.

SAME! Every time I think I'm getting closer to finishing up the crap around the house more stuff pops up. 2nd kid is coming end of Sept and I want to get something done before then.

Got a quote today from a local cnc shop. To make a 72" x 36" MFT top out of 3/4 mdf, $77. Plus the cost of the mdf of course. Considering the hassle and cost of the entire LR32 system (which I've kinda got half of anyway) I think it's a good deal. 

8 minutes ago, Cliff said:

Got a quote today from a local cnc shop. To make a 72" x 36" MFT top out of 3/4 mdf, $77. Plus the cost of the mdf of course. Considering the hassle and cost of the entire LR32 system (which I've kinda got half of anyway) I think it's a good deal. 

cliff, that does seem like a good price.  I would have them do the entire sheet, never know if you will want to make something else.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 4:01 PM, bleedinblue said:

I really, really need shop time.   I need to build something...not shop furniture like I've done with my available time lately, but real furniture.  I'm going stir crazy.  That is all.

And where lies the problem, lack of ideas or time? Certainly not ability! 

On June 13, 2016 at 6:57 AM, SawDustB said:

Wow, that's pretty steep.  I got mine online from Clearly contacts here in Canada, I think it was $125 Canadian (after a 15% off coupon). My prescriptions's pretty basic, though, so no fancy lenses.

Wow that's like $1 US isn't it!

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

And where lies the problem, lack of ideas or time? Certainly not ability! 

Well partly ability, you're being generous, but thank you.

Its time.  My days off have been planned out too well by my wife.  I need to get better about getting things done in short periods...thirty minutes here or there.  It seems like if I don't have at least a couple hours to devote then I end up on YouTube instead.

8 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

It seems like if I don't have at least a couple hours to devote then I end up on YouTube instead.

Jeez ain't that the truth.  I'm chronically "all or nothing."  But I find if I plan ahead and prepare myself for accomplishing one small task by getting the tools out and setting them up...and make the decision that "the next time I have that thirty minutes I'm gonna accomplish X"...I'll often do it.  But without some kind of mental agenda...youtube.  Small bites...it's how Sunday duffers with families get things done.  A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

I've had the same issue regarding finding time so on the first of June I instituted a training plan like I have for my running workouts...really simple 1 hour a day in the shop, period. So far I have missed two days but most days I end up spending 2 or 3 hours out there so going to keep going and work to keep on a schedule just like working out...my bucket list of things to make is getting waaay to long I need to start catching up LOL

Once the list of things gets too long my wife ends up buying stuff and then I don't get to make it or get stuck painting a damn ikea bookshelf after tripping over it for a month.

I also need to get better at doing stuff in 30 minute chunks. Got about 45 minutes in last night. Hoping for another 45 tonight and I should have this growth chart for my nephew done.

• Like 2

I've whittled my animal collection down to one six-year-old daughter and one four-year-old son.  And that's enough for me.  Hard enough to keep this house in decent shape as-is.

I'd like to have a couple cats...but they piss where they ain't s'posed to.  And I don't like killing cats.

• Like 1

2 horses, 14 dogs in the house-at least they're odorless and non-shedding, one outside cat, eleven chickens.  We used to have more horses, outside dogs, cats, and chickens, but we're cutting back in our old age.  We also have two herds of deer, several red foxes, and countless other wild, small critters.  There used to be a female Bobcat that lived at the rock quarry who had a baby most years, but she died of old age, and none of the babies ever took up here.

edited to add: I forgot the current litter of four puppies.  They're always spoken for about a year before they're even conceived.  We're also often keeping guest dogs that came from here, and the boys frequently have guest girlfriends.

Our human children have been grown, and gone for years.

59 minutes ago, Llama said:

Great pets... don't make noise :) 

Tell that to mine. She'll knock her shell into the wall when she wants something (food), and will hiss at the cats if they get too inquisitive.

I'd love to get a place eventually where I could keep chickens practically. Grew up with them, and store-bought eggs are nothing but a cruel imitation. Don't have a good spot at the current house.

I get where you guys coming from too. I get about 20-30 mins on the week nights. So I'm like, I'll go out and put one drawer from on the cabinet I built in November. Should only take a week to get all five on :( But mostly I use that time to get on youtube.

Tell that to mine. She'll knock her shell into the wall when she wants something (food), and will hiss at the cats if they get too inquisitive.

I'd love to get a place eventually where I could keep chickens practically. Grew up with them, and store-bought eggs are nothing but a cruel imitation. Don't have a good spot at the current house.

I hear that the CDC now recommends that to avoid salmonella, not only should you not kiss your chicken, you shouldn't spoon it, either.