Hijack!

Llama

4 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

There was something awesome waiting for me in the mailbox today that I completely forgot about. Looking forward to using it tomorrow.

I got mine today as well. It looks like a great little square to go in my apron pocket.

On 2017-6-21 at 9:40 AM, wtnhighlander said:

Yep. Best DC Superhero movie to date, IMO.

I expect that WW is going to more or less assume the reigns of the Justce League, like Cap has for the Avengers in Marvel's universe.

Even though BatmanVSuperman got a fair bit of hate, Affleck's version of Batman is the best portrayal so far IMO. I reckon WW tops it because the movie wasn't as busy with trying to introduce so much into the story. It gives me a bit of hope for The Batman solo movie.

• Like 1

Even though BatmanVSuperman got a fair bit of hate, Affleck's version of Batman is the best portrayal so far IMO. I reckon WW tops it because the movie wasn't as busy with trying to introduce so much into the story. It gives me a bit of hope for The Batman solo movie.

Batman V Superman was dark, grim, and the 'heroes' generated more destruction than they prevented. Way too much angst over what it means to be 'super'.

WW was a brighter, more hopeful story, with a hero who wanted to help everyone because it was her very nature, rather than feeling obligated because of her abilities.

Not to mention it is full of gorgeous scenery. I realize the footage was digitally enhanced, but the Island of Themyscira scenes make me want to visit the coast of southern Italy.

I don't know if Gal Gadot is a really good actor, had really good direction, or both. In any case, she really nailed that role.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lewisc said:

BvS had everything I've ever wanted in a movie and yet I hated the hell out of it. I have no problem with Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot/Ben Affleck are amazing. But man - Zack Snyder just can't bring it home. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cliff said:

BvS had everything I've ever wanted in a movie and yet I hated the hell out of it. I have no problem with Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot/Ben Affleck are amazing. But man - Zack Snyder just can't bring it home. 

That just about sums it up. I'm baffled by the fact that a movie like that, with such talent, a massive budget and with source material going back however many years could get so messy and convoluted. 

He certainly knows how to make things look good, I'll give him that.  The warehouse scene, is what it meant to be Batman. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trialbyfire said:

First time hanging out in the shop. We both discovered that all of my flat surfaces are about hairline high.

Every time a kid comes into the shop, a kid leaves the shop crying.  Doesn't matter how many times you tell them, "Don't hit your head on that," they do it anyway.  Malfunctioning brainballs.

• Like 1