Hijack!

Llama

Can you share your recipe?  Please?

Rub is an SPG. 50/50 Kosher Salt and fresh ground pepper. Then add granulated garlic to taste. Score the fat cap both directions all the way down to the meat.

This was a skinless one from Costco. Look for thick when buying.

Rub both sides and edges and let sit for an hour. Then put on the smoker fat side up at 250-275 until probed tender, likely about 185-190. Pull out and let rest for half hour tented under foil. Then slice into pieces.

Now return to the grill and hit the slices on cast iron super hot to put a very light touch of scorch on them. Hit them with a light Teriyaki glaze right before removing them from the cast iron. Then eat a bunch and say hi to your neighbor who you are going to recruit to help jack up the carport roof to replace a post in a few weeks give him some.

The kids love Teriyaki so I did that but they are good just as I'd or let it go a bit further and then shred it.

That's how I did this one. This was five pounds which was half of the Belly. The rest is in the fridge curing for a week. It will be smoked for bacon next Wednesday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Klappco said:

Rub is an SPG. 50/50 Kosher Salt and fresh ground pepper. Then add granulated garlic to taste. Score the fat cap both directions all the way down to the meat.

This was a skinless one from Costco. Look for thick when buying.

Rub both sides and edges and let sit for an hour. Then put on the smoker fat side up at 250-275 until probed tender, likely about 185-190. Pull out and let rest for half hour tented under foil. Then slice into pieces.

Now return to the grill and hit the slices on cast iron super hot to put a very light touch of scorch on them. Hit them with a light Teriyaki glaze right before removing them from the cast iron. Then eat a bunch and say hi to your neighbor who you are going to recruit to help jack up the carport roof to replace a post in a few weeks give him some.

The kids love Teriyaki so I did that but they are good just as I'd or let it go a bit further and then shred it.

That's how I did this one. This was five pounds which was half of the Belly. The rest is in the fridge curing for a week. It will be smoked for bacon next Wednesday.

Awesome!  I'm going to try this Saturday!  The ones we get at Costco are narrower strips, not a. If piece like you got there.

roughly how long did you smoke it?

• Like 1

Awesome!  I'm going to try this Saturday!  The ones we get at Costco are narrower strips, not a. If piece like you got there.

roughly how long did you smoke it?

Key is that it's done when it's done. Be prepared to deal with gripers if dinner runs a bit late. . This one took about five hours averaging 250 degrees. This was half of the whole piece so about five pounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My mouth is so full of saliva right now. I've never smoked anything (well, almost) but now 2 of my goals for the summer are:

1 - get a smoker

2 - go to Costco

I smoked this one in my Weber Performer kettle. Weber kettles work fine as smokers for smaller stuff. I us my offset for Brisket and bigger cooks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1