Hijack!

Llama

5 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

Life has decided to be a mega-bitch lately. My grandma passed a couple weeks ago after declining to the point of not remembering/recognizing any of us. And this past Thursday my mom had a damn heart attack. They put two stents in and she's doing fine. She got to the hospital and into the operating room with the quickness and they're estimating that, at most, it damaged 1% of her heart. She's not allowed to lift anything over 5lbs for 10 days so I'll be camped out, here at her place, until she's back up to speed. Hanging out, watching movies, helping her change her diet, and taking it easy. Low stress, chillsville.

Getting old sucks. If your folks are still kickin', go show them some love or call them if they're far away.

Sorry for your loss, and hope mom gets better soon.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

Life has decided to be a mega-bitch lately. My grandma passed a couple weeks ago after declining to the point of not remembering/recognizing any of us. And this past Thursday my mom had a damn heart attack. They put two stents in and she's doing fine. She got to the hospital and into the operating room with the quickness and they're estimating that, at most, it damaged 1% of her heart. She's not allowed to lift anything over 5lbs for 10 days so I'll be camped out, here at her place, until she's back up to speed. Hanging out, watching movies, helping her change her diet, and taking it easy. Low stress, chillsville.

Getting old sucks. If your folks are still kickin', go show them some love or call them if they're far away.

That happened to my step father after my mom passed. He had 99% blockage in the widow maker. It was a very light attack and he recovered pretty fast. 

Meanwhile I came here to complain that I glued breadboard ends on a table top, only to realize two hours later that I didn't elongate the loose tenon holes. I really wish I had not realized that at all.

10 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

Sorry also and your right about the older stuff.   Wish your mom well.

• Like 1

got a monster coming at me - IRMA

state is declaring emergencies, and evacuations in the Keys for non-residents. paths seem to say it will come up the east coast of Florida and slam into the Carolina's. this storm makes Harvey look wimpy. not to say the damage with Harvey was inconsequential, but this has the potential to be devastating - wind and surge damages. CAT 5 is no joke.

going to be a bad weekend at best. 

still thinking about all those that are suffering from Harvey, and am worrying about our future. bad times for sure. 

Hey ghost, our thoughts and prayers are with all of you guys. Where Harvey entered Texas at a sleepy getaway town of Rockport, they received substantial damage from the cat 4 winds. We received as you've heard, a bunch of damn rain with minimal winds and 60eople perrished. If they tell you to evacuate, take heed and get your family out early bud! The Texas folks are all praying that Irma takes a right and misses all of the USA. Good luck man! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, davewyo said:

Just checked online and...Yes!...Equifax has lost my confidential info to hackers.

Just great.

I couldn't be more thrilled...

Just read an article on that this morning about the Equifax breach and the site they put up to check. Sounds like you can just make up names and numbers and it will come back that the info has been compromised. Sounds like they have no idea whose info got out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/your-money/identity-theft/equifaxs-instructions-are-confusing-heres-what-to-do-now.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davewyo said:

Yup.

That article you quoted is very cynical, and I agree with it 100%. What they are doing is inadequate.

Yep, I'm impacted. And to insult to injury, I cannot sign up for their protection service until September 12. I have to come back and I will receive no reminder. Freaking unbelievably HORRID pieces of shite.

Sorry, didn't mean to say unbelievably.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, davewyo said:

Go to the Equifax site and enter some info.

They will give you the lowdown on if you are effected, and set you a date to sign up for free identity theft protection and monitoring for a limited time(1 year?).

Wouldn't that be horrible if that site was a hacker site as well, to get the info from folks that they couldn't get to before? Yep, I'm part of the elite group as well. Now they're asking for everything except my finger prints to sign me up for the free identity theft program. I'm not sure I feel good about entering all of that. Anyone know more about this shit than me?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Wouldn't that be horrible if that site was a hacker site as well, to get the info from folks that they couldn't get to before? 

Being uninitiated in the ways of the dark web, I have to assume that the hackers attached a thingy to the Equifax system that will be feeding them SS#s for years to come.

I wouldn't doubt that Experion and Trans Union have been hacked as well. They are either unaware of it, or they are hiding it until they can cash out their stock.

It's just the way it is when you live in a society that insists on putting vital information on the most insecure place I can imagine (The Internet).

Whatta ya gonna do?

I'll guess I'll just have to do damage control on my credit report when the bastages work their nefarious magic.

• Like 1