Hijack!

Llama

They've improved our drainage considerably in the last 12 years, since we got water last. But I don't trut the 1000 year flood, thus the no real wood flooring and no mdf! Poplar and fir comes to mind with some type of build out. The height was my concern. Thanks bud! 

8 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I can't get it to play on the iPad but will take a look at the youngster tomorrow at the office. Is he hellbent, honery and as cantankerous as his cousin;)?

Thanks guys.  No we share a sense of humor and the sarcasm but he lacks the sharpness of tongue I tend to get caught with.  I didn't realize that one was so old.  Here's a newer one, and I promise it's the last one I'll link to.  Thanks for checking him out.  I admire him for following his dream...but there ain't much money in it unless you can break through.  Kind of like woodworking. :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cliff said:

My first resaw. Took like 20 minutes. Board is 7.5" wide. I did blow the power once. Had to shut the a/c off. Wish I had a 3/4" blade on. Still it turned out pretty good.

Cliff, not sure if it's the width of the blade that's causing the issues.  How many tpi does your blade have?  You want like 3 tpi for resawing.  Aggressive.  Needs to be able to clear all that waste or things go wrong.

2 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Looks good to me @Cliff, what are you using for a bandsaw and what width blade were you using?

Laguna 1412, 1/2" blade.

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

Cliff, not sure if it's the width of the blade that's causing the issues.  How many tpi does your blade have?  You want like 3 tpi for resawing.  Aggressive.  Needs to be able to clear all that waste or things go wrong.

I just looked it was 4 tpi. That would explain why it was so hard to do it. I'll have to get another blade for resawing looks like. :)

31 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I just looked it was 4 tpi. That would explain why it was so hard to do it. I'll have to get another blade for resawing looks like. :)

Eh, 4tpi is close enough.  It shouldn't have struggled that much.  Maybe just dull?  Shouldn't take more than a minute or so to resaw that board.  It wasn't the stock blade that came with the saw, was it?  What brand and tooth configuration are you using?

33 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Eh, 4tpi is close enough.  It shouldn't have struggled that much.  Maybe just dull?  Shouldn't take more than a minute or so to resaw that board.  It wasn't the stock blade that came with the saw, was it?  What brand and tooth configuration are you using?

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/starrett-duratec-sfb-bandsaw-blade-115-x-1-2-x-4tpi-hook

That is the blade. If I remember right, I chose my blade based on a thread from here. I still got it bookmarked, it was the thread where you asked for bandsaw blade recommendations. Someone said Starrett, so I got one. I find the bandsaw stuff very confusing to be honest. 

Blade has barely been used so it shouldn't be dull. I've used the bandsaw maybe 5 times. 

I would say I was doing an inch every 10-15 seconds. The board was 49" Sometimes it was much harder and it went a lot slower. Then the power blew when I went too fast.