Hijack!

Llama

2 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Do you have a good looking sister that cooks as well as you;)? Really doesn't have to be a sister OR super good looking! Damn that looks good! 

One brother.  He doesn't cook but he is a champion golfer and and engineer who makes many times what I do.  He is also married.  ;)

14 hours ago, Klappco said:

I start checking at about 190 but probe For tenderness. I use my Blue Thermopen for that duty. Same for me with brisket.

I have been using the iGrill 2 for my temp probes for the last year and love it. Temp readings are accurate and allows me to check the temp from my phone. I find this keeps me from opening the smoker too often to probe for temp. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Klappco said:

One brother.  He doesn't cook but he is a champion golfer and and engineer who makes many times what I do.  He is also married.  ;)

I'll pass, thanks. But you starting a new thread under Off Topics for grilling would be a cool idea. Might not surpass @Llama Hijack but I bet you'd have a decent audience. As long as you don't bad mouth Texas BBQ;)

• Like 1

I'll pass, thanks. But you starting a new thread under Off Topics for grilling would be a cool idea. Might not surpass @Llama Hijack but I bet you'd have a decent audience. As long as you don't bad mouth Texas BBQ

Never. I trained in Virginia but my heart is in Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I'll pass, thanks. But you starting a new thread under Off Topics for grilling would be a cool idea. Might not surpass @Llama Hijack but I bet you'd have a decent audience. As long as you don't bad mouth Texas BBQ;)

I started this one a couple months ago. It got buried, but @Klappco cooking would be a great addition.

Just made my first cut with an actual rip blade on the table saw using a cheap blade and the cut quality and ease of cut was remarkable. Why did I wait so long to buy a dedicated rip and crosscut blade? I don't think I will ever go back to a combo blade again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I use Freud's Glue line Rip thin kerf blades. I know some folks argue against thin kerf blades, but I use a large stiffening plate to reduce the flutter and mostly rip stuff less than an inch thick. Beautiful results up to 3-4 ft long. Any longer and you are bound to vary the pressure against the fence which affects the cut.

33 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

Sacrilege!  Many, many woodworkers will tell you to just slap a Forrest WWII on the saw and run it till it melts.  That's how real men do woodworking :D:D:D

My woodworking made a jump when I realized the benefit of dedicated cutters.  Holds true for more than just tablesaws :)

I agree dedicated blades are mo betta.  Especially when it comes to ripping.  I'm super lazy about swapping blades though so in the past I usually kept a combo on.  But after I got an MFT and started doing a lot more crosscutting with that, I started leaving a rip blade in the TS and it's so much better.  It's my preferred TS blade now unless I'm doing joinery or cutting sheet goods.

7 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

I use Freud's Glue line Rip thin kerf blades. I know some folks argue against thin kerf blades, but I use a large stiffening plate to reduce the flutter and mostly rip stuff less than an inch thick. Beautiful results up to 3-4 ft long. Any longer and you are bound to vary the pressure against the fence which affects the cut.

I use the same blade but was unaware of a stiffening plate. Looks like I need to get into the 21st century and look these up. Thanks

3 hours ago, gee-dub said:

Sacrilege!  Many, many woodworkers will tell you to just slap a Forrest WWII on the saw and run it till it melts.  That's how real men do woodworking :D:D:D

My woodworking made a jump when I realized the benefit of dedicated cutters.  Holds true for more than just tablesaws :)

I gave my WWII to my son, he can run it till it melts.  I am quite happy with my dedicated rip and crosscut blades.

On 7/25/2017 at 4:38 PM, MattF said:

I am not a fan of slaw on my pulled pork sandwiches. Growing up in Eastern N.C. I always had to ask them to hold the slaw and they look at me all crazy. 

What internal temp do you take your pork shoulder to for pulling? I have started experimenting and think I have found that I like pull the shoulder out at around 185, wrap and let rest. I wrap in foil and put it in a small cooler with towels for at least one hour. 

Seriously? 185? At 185, mine has a good 3-5 hours left. 203 is when I pull it out.

D- on the pic. Presentation doesn't fill me up. Your stuff looks a lot better! 

This was one bite as the family swarmed it. I'm thinking of doing a crispy Teriyaki glaze type finish. Pork belly is such a magnificent thing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk