Hijack!

Llama

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

Tom, you are serious about this? 14 dogs in the house? How does that work? Are you a breeder?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yes.  My Wife is really the breeder.    The dogs have their own complexes in the house and outside, and doors so they can go in and out as they see fit.  They really are odorless, and don't shed.  We developed a system for potty training the puppies starting before they are three weeks old, so our house stays clean, and the demand for our puppies cannot be met.

Some pictures can be found on my Wife's website Picture Gallery page:  http://starbornhavanese.com/pictures.html

12 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Very cool, Tom ! The dog in the swing picture had me laughing out loud !!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

That was sent to us by one of our puppy owners, as well as the picture on the beach with one of our Havanese puppies leading a Lab.

• Like 1

They have no dog odor.  They only have a smell if they get dirty.  Their hair is more like human hair than dog fur. They don't have the dander that some people are allergic to either.  With all the dogs in our house, anyone, no matter how sensitive their nose,  can walk into our house, and not think that a dog lives here.

14 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I admire your spirit, Tom...but there ain't no such thing as an "odorless" dog.  Ain't never been, ain't never will be.

You crazy sir. As long as you get your dog groomed monthly and clean your house regularly there is no dog odor. The exception is a few days before my dogs grooming session, she'll be getting that smell you are thinking of. We wipe her down with wet sanitary towels. Not the kind with bleach. Obviously. 

Just now, Cliff said:

You crazy sir. As long as you get your dog groomed monthly and clean your house regularly there is no dog odor. The exception is a few days before my dogs grooming session, she'll be getting that smell you are thinking of. We wipe her down with wet sanitary towels. Not the kind with bleach. Obviously. 

I worked at a vet clinic for three years in high school, so I have more dog experience than I care to remember.  Part of my job was bathing and grooming the beasts, and we had high-powered industrial strength de-stanking magic.  Five minutes after they dried...stank.  Doesn't have to come from their coats...their mouths and asses produce plenty of stank to fill a room.

memeb280d30f12a83529.jpg

I have been called a communist, satanist and despicable person because I don't like dogs and don't watch football.  People seem to take it personally when I tell them I haven't watched a super bowl since 1986 or when I say I simply don't like pets.  

9 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I worked at a vet clinic for three years in high school, so I have more dog experience than I care to remember.  Part of my job was bathing and grooming the beasts, and we had high-powered industrial strength de-stanking magic.  Five minutes after they dried...stank.  Doesn't have to come from their coats...their mouths and asses produce plenty of stank to fill a room.

memeb280d30f12a83529.jpg

How many Havanese did you groom, or even see?  Seriously, there is never any dog odor.  Ours are lucky if they get washed once a month, but they live in a very well maintained environment.  Their lack of smell is not dependent on frequent bathing. Their yards have the grass kept cut short, and clean, so not much gets drug into the house.

This was considered a Rare Breed not long ago, and may still be, but it's been the fastest growing breed by percentage for over a decade now.  Their numbers still can't compete with the more commonly seen breeds, just because the breed started here not that long ago.   When we bought our first one 20 years ago or so, there were less than 400 in the country.

I've never seen a Havanese (never heard of it either).  I'm not gonna get into a debate about it, but I've personally never encountered a dog without a mouth or a fart-maker.  Unless you brush their teeth twice a day and put a cork in their buttholes, I don't really know how a dog doesn't produce some level of foul odor.

It's all good.  As long as they're not in MY house, I don't mind dogs.  Until they drool on me or get mud on my shoes or whine and beg for my food and fart and breathe near me while I'm eating.

I only had to bathe my German Sheppard when she got really dirty.  She was the lowest maintenance dog in the world.   Only had to brush her a couple times a year, and the rest of the time she would groom herself, getting the loose hair and dirt off.  Yes, just like a cat.  A giant 70 lb cat that once pulled my truck up a hill.  She would also bite her nails to keep them short.  I tried to trim them once by hand, and it didn't go well, so I didn't try again!    Not as bad as bathing her though.  That usually required me to put on swim trunks, tackle her, and carry her to the bathtub, and  bar the door behind me, and hold her in the water until I got her clean (in, not under).   That's why I was glad she only needed bathing like twice a year.   

On 6/17/2017 at 7:21 PM, estesbubba said:

Had some bad-ass straight line winds last night. A lot of cottonwood branches all over the place but luckily no damage. Radar estimated 80 MPH and these came from the trees behind the shop. 

IMG_0437.thumb.JPG.111f6909cebc970694de052a0781be42.JPG

IMG_0440.thumb.JPG.0665cdf2c4e7bc706df14b40ebfa6e2a.JPG

IMG_0441.thumb.JPG.d8a71e888620d5a246e4902bf1c77427.JPG

I clicked on this topic hoping to hear what you were going to do with the wood!