Hijack!

Llama

3 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

I just ran down to the shop to look for something and dropped a 4" wide 38" long maple board directly on my big toe.  It was like it had laser sights and knew exactly where to go.  SOB it hurts.  I hate it when I'm stupid. 

I will call your stupid and raise you 1 dumb ass.

That ain't nothin, try dropping a 7'x28"x3" bench on your foot.  Man up!  I feel your pain!

7 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I hate when the nail turns colors and hurts the entire time it takes for it to fall off. 

No nail damage luckily, it hit just above the nail. 

A wrench slipped last year and I somehow pinched my finger between it and the body of my router last November...that one cost me a fingernail.  Big time icky factor when it fell off. 

• 2 weeks later...

I knew he wasn't going to use it a lot...we work until 9 PM and he said he would bring it back tomorrow morning.  I was going to warn him of metals and let the chips fall where they may.  I'm pretty close to needing new knives anyway, so short of grenadine the machine I was somewhat comfortable with it.  Somewhat. 

55 minutes ago, Klappco said:

Done on a pretzel bun with Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce. Vinegary and nice for pork. Shoulda had slaw on it too but as I went to mix up a quick batch I found that someone who is not me bout shredded Iceburg Lettuce so no slaw.

True story...we went to a BBQ joint in Branson last week.  I'm about 99% sure the slaw was lettuce.  Unless it was the soggiest cabbage I've ever experienced.  Couldn't even eat it.  Disgusting.  The pork was great though, so screw the slaw anyway.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eric. said:

True story...we went to a BBQ joint in Branson last week.  I'm about 99% sure the slaw was lettuce.  Unless it was the soggiest cabbage I've ever experienced.  Couldn't even eat it.  Disgusting.  The pork was great though, so screw the slaw anyway.

I am not a fan of slaw on my pulled pork sandwiches. Growing up in Eastern N.C. I always had to ask them to hold the slaw and they look at me all crazy. 

19 hours ago, Klappco said:

Done on a pretzel bun with Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce. Vinegary and nice for pork. Shoulda had slaw on it too but as I went to mix up a quick batch I found that someone who is not me bout shredded Iceburg Lettuce so no slaw. emoji30.png

What internal temp do you take your pork shoulder to for pulling? I have started experimenting and think I have found that I like pull the shoulder out at around 185, wrap and let rest. I wrap in foil and put it in a small cooler with towels for at least one hour. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattF said:

I am not a fan of slaw on my pulled pork sandwiches. Growing up in Eastern N.C. I always had to ask them to hold the slaw and they look at me all crazy.

Oh it wasn't on the sandwich...if it was I would have sent the whole kit 'n kaboodle back.  Luckily it was just on the side.

• Like 1

What internal temp do you take your pork shoulder to for pulling? I have started experimenting and think I have found that I like pull the shoulder out at around 185, wrap and let rest. I wrap in foil and put it in a small cooler with towels for at least one hour. 

I start checking at about 190 but probe For tenderness. I use my Blue Thermopen for that duty. Same for me with brisket.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eric. said:

So we found your weakness! And it's not in wood identification!

IMG_0403.JPG.0d6ad7feb5ad7e67d7eee170a26b7dc7.JPG

2 hours ago, Klappco said:

I start checking at about 190 but probe For tenderness. I use my Blue Thermopen for that duty. Same for me with brisket.

Do you have a good looking sister that cooks as well as you;)? Really doesn't have to be a sister OR super good looking! Damn that looks good! 

• Like 1