Plans for my Delta Planer

Ibboykin

Ok....it's Father's Day weekend which means I get to do what I want.  I've already lit my Kamado Grill/Smoker in preparation for smoking a 12.5 lb. Brisket.   

I also have plans to get comfortable with the Delta Planer I got from my Dad.  So I brought home a pretty blonde pallet from work.  I took my circular saw and cut out all the planks inside the nails. 

Now tomorrow I plan on taking this FREE blonde wood and getting real comfortable with it. 

So what are y'all's father days plans?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Eric, don't drink the water, only beer for you!

We went last year too and I got the Montezuma on the last day and a half.  It sucked.  Thank dog for Imodium or that would have been one helluva *crappy* flight.

I didn't drink the water...it was all bottled.  But who knows what those cooks do in the kitchens.  Nothing stops them from scratchin' a booty itch before they serve up the tacos.  It's a gamble.  Still worth it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I didn't drink the water.

I have heard of people avoid drinking the water but not thinking about the ice in their drinks.

I don't know what I have planned for the weekend.  I just finished my latest project so it won't be in the shop... unless I just  em'.

BBQ weekend over here. We set up the pool last weekend for the summer and it's ready.  Pool party and slow cooked ribs tomorrow.

Tri tip and family bbq Sunday at my parents house.  I'm eating good this weekend. Guess I'll be putting on a few of those 50 lbs back on. Worth It!

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

We went last year too and I got the Montezuma on the last day and a half.  It sucked.

We dodged that bullet a couple of months ago when we ate street meat in El Rosario. Even if we'd have got it I think it would have been worth it. Fantastic meal.

2 hours ago, pkinneb said:

My fathers day will be a twelve mile run followed by

brunch with my daughter & SIL. Except I'll be running 19.2 km.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chet K said:

I have heard of people avoid drinking the water but not thinking about the ice in their drinks.

6 hours ago, drzaius said:

We dodged that bullet a couple of months ago when we ate street meat in El Rosario. Even if we'd have got it I think it would have been worth it. Fantastic meal.

The problem down there is their septic systems are stone age garbage, so the poo just flows from their tarlets right out into the land...and because their land is so porous and cavernous, e.coli and all his friends end up all over the place.  Our resort last year was beautifully maintained...not a scrap of trash anywhere...but you'd just be walking along and the stench of sewage would hit you out of nowhere, and then be gone.

So it's everywhere, and just because you don't drink the water or use ice cubes doesn't mean you're not exposed to it.  Something as simple as a fly landing on your food for a few seconds is enough to contaminate you.

25 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Dang.  I'll have a drink for ya.  Or a hundred.

I guess criminals still criminalize on Father's Day. <_<

Being an ex-medic, I'll vouch for this.  Those in public safety don't understand the concept of holidays, aside from the fact they are a pain to schedule around.  During my tenure in the field, I spent more thanksgivings on duty than off.  My partner and I would try to end up posted near one of out families houses so we could participate in the meal, hopefully.  Stay safe out there Blue.  

• Like 1