Desk inspired by Doucette & Wolfe

wnaziri

52 minutes ago, Mick S said:

We have a 16" with spiral head Northfield in the school shop. LOVE that machine! 

Can't afford the 16" by Northfield.   However, I do want a 16" jointer.  I have paid for a Felder 16" inch jointer to be delivered at a later date. So, anyone looking for a 12" beast, let me know. :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan G said:

Is that double edge guide your solution or a bought festool set? I use a Bosch edge guide (single). It would be nice to be locked in position on the piece.

Hi Alan.  I wish I could claim this solution.  

Alas, I have seen the use of two edge guides on several occasions.  Basically, it is just a Festool OF 1400 with two edge guides.  The router came with one and I bought the second one from Amazon.  I believe the second guide paid for itself after just one project.  Amazon has Bosch edge guide for $34 (https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-RA1054-Deluxe-Extraction-Adapter/dp/B00005RHPP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502669768&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+router+edge+guide).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alan G said:

Curious if the rods with the bosh will be long enough to hook two on.........

I have that very same guide for my Bosch router but, honestly, since I got bit by the Green bug, I have not had any desire to use my Bosch router.  Looking at the pic, the rods seem short but my guess is it is a common diameter rod and you can probably order a set as long as your heart desires.

• Like 1

On August 13, 2017 at 5:36 PM, Alan G said:

Curious if the rods with the bosh will be long enough to hook two on

Alan, the Bosch edge guilds work great, you just have to remove the micro adjust parts but thats no biggie.

Sorry for the hijack Wade.  The desk is looking great.

• Like 1

If I had room for it, I'd ask to be on the waiting list for when you part with that #4. I always wanted my own island ...

I agree, considering the target users, Northfield seems way behind the curve on DC improvements, but there is just something attractive about that huge mass of cast iron.

Like gravity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wnaziri said:

I am not pulling a Pekovich with pins and tails that stick out.

LOL  The man does love his proud joinery doesn't he?  It can look neat, but jeez....on every project?

Looks good Wade.  Progress is progress.  You got more done this weekend than I did.

I'm jelly of all that mahogany you get to play with.  My absolute favorite species to work.  It's butta.

• Like 2