For Sale: Grizzly G0513X2F 17" Bandsaw - St. Louis

Eric.

This will be going on craigslist in the next few weeks but I figured I'd offer it here first in hopes of not having to deal with people on craigslist. LOL

Extreme Series, 2HP, 220V single phase, 16" throat, 12" resaw, foot brake, 335 pounds

I bought it maybe 6ish years ago new.  Hobbyist usage and low hours.

Retails for $1400

Upgraded Carter guides ($265)

Upgraded urethane tires

New 1/2" 4TPI Lenox blade (still in box)

Full disclosure:  I can't get it to resaw to my satisfaction no matter how much money I sink into it nor hours I spend tinkering with it.  For general purpose - rips, curves, joinery, etc - it's fine.  It does have plenty of power to hog through a resaw with an aggressive blade but for the work I'm getting into I need a saw that can do it more precisely, so I'm planning to buy a PM1500 in the coming months.

There's a lot of saw here for the money but it will require some time and knowledge to get it calibrated better than I have it now.  Someone can do it...but I can't.  I'm moving on.

Asking $800 firm.  St. Louis area.  I have no way to load this thing aside from manpower...so bring some. :)

rJslYOc.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

Have you figured out if your current outfeed/miter station will work with the PM1500?

Yeah the PM1500 is dead perfect for it, amazingly.

I've actually started down the slippery slope...looking at Minimax now. LOL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Yeah the PM1500 is dead perfect for it, amazingly.

I've actually started down the slippery slope...looking at Minimax now. LOL

Facebookers got you thinking now! :D

BTW what problems do you have when resawing? Have you tried a 3/4” blade with yours? I’ve used both 1/2” and 3/4” 3 TPI blades with mine with good results but I’ve only done 8” or less domestics. I know you’ve moved on from this saw but just wondering. 

Sorry for the hijack. 

Just now, estesbubba said:

Facebookers got you thinking now! :D

BTW what problems do you have when resawing? Have you tried a 3/4” blade with yours? I’ve used both 1/2” and 3/4” 3 TPI blades with mine with good results but I’ve only done 8” or less domestics. I know you’ve moved on from this saw but just wondering. 

Sorry for the hijack. 

I'm just constantly fighting it to stay calibrated.  I'll have it working fine for one resaw, then on the next I'll get an inconsistent cut.  I've tried every blade available...almost literally.

9 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the coiled hose to the left of it for, floor sweep? And the a/c looking unit below it? 

Yeah I use that hose as a floor sweep and the hookup for my router table when I roll it out.

That's a heater on the floor.

@Eric.I hope your looking at saws with a 20 inch wheel. That's a safe line to cross for Resawing. You'll still be able to tension small thinner bands and have a lot more in the .35 thick bands. A friend of mine has a 18 inch Aggazani and runs a Woodmaster ct.

He thinks it's great and I don't have the heart to tell its really bad.Slow with a poor cut surface.

Good luck with your choice 

12 minutes ago, Unknown craftsman said:

@Eric.I hope your looking at saws with a 20 inch wheel. That's a safe line to cross for Resawing. You'll still be able to tension small thinner bands and have a lot more in the .35 thick bands. A friend of mine has a 18 inch Aggazani and runs a Woodmaster ct.

He thinks it's great and I don't have the heart to tell its really bad.Slow with a poor cut surface.

Good luck with your choice 

Unfortunately I don't have the space for a 20" saw...nor the funds.  I'm pretty sure I'll be ending up with a Minimax MM16.  From what I gather it performs not quite as well as some of the high-end 18" and 20" saws...but close.

6 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Too bad you aren't closer, there is a guy near me selling a MM16 for $2K.  

Dang.

Of course I really don't want a used machine.  I'd rather spend the extra grand and get a new one, honestly.  I'm buying more saw than I probably need primarily to avoid having to tinker with it.  I just wanna press the button and go.

• Like 1

• Chet locked this topic