I'm building a shop!

Robert Morse

Just now, Chestnut said:

Is the big opening for an overhead door? How big of door are you putting in? Also you mentioned parking, are the plans for just a slab floor?

We're installing a 10'w x 9'h insulated garage door.  We'll do a slab floor, and a packed gravel apron in front of the shop, with some parking space outside.  If necessary, I'll have enough room to move some equipment around and park inside. 

I just came in from outside, holy cow is it wet out there. The crew was able to finish the housewrap - it took them maybe 45 minutes - given the height, rain and awkwardness of the 9' rolls, I think paying them a bit o' cash was the right call - they were WAY faster than we were/would have been.  The man door is now installed, and they have moved the remaining siding into the shop so they can work mostly out of the rain. One guy is working on installing trim pieces, and the other is marking the siding so they know where to screw when they install. Oh, and they still have to install the 3 windows over the tall bays.  It shouldn't be long now. 

20171229_172710241_iOS.jpg

20171229_172741019_iOS.jpg

20171229_172954876_iOS.jpg

• Like 2