Why I show my work..

mat60

Get a supplied air hood, and you can spray anything, and sleep with clear lungs, and sinuses.   I use the disposable Tyvek hoods that come with an attached hose.   They aren't really THat disposable.  I might use one for a year.   

I bought an air pump off ebay that looks a lot like an HVLP pump with a filter on each side.  I think that pump was a couple of hundred dollars, and the Tyvek hoods are pretty cheap too.  Once, in really hot weather, I cobbled up a little 110v air conditioner to supply the air, and didn't sweat all the time I was wearing the hood.  I put the air pump outside, in a clean, clear air spot.

I bought some new, long shop vac hoses, that are a different color than all our other vac hoses, and never used them for anything else but to pump the air through.

It takes a little bit to get used to being in the hood, with the face shield out in front of your face, but once you get used to it, it's a lot more comfortable than wearing a respirator.

I once sprayed Moisture Cure Urethane paint on a small airplane hanger floor, and that would have killed anyone without the supplied air.  I never even smelled it.

april182013_012.JPG

• Like 1

link to hood:    Google found many suppliers:   https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/air-supplied-hood-respirator-replacement-9910-10.html?fee=3&fep=1386&utm_source=Google-Shopping&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=Enviro+Google+Shopping&utm_content=Product-Offers&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1q3VBRCFARIsAPHJXrHv8spglP057aDlz3aTHZ-ZAZNmUmJr5MzQd0sN09JjXcYKDiyXEC8aApQ4EALw_wcB

link to pump:   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supplied-fresh-air-respirator-turbine-breathing-pump/300266892943?epid=1140177668&hash=item45e94d2e8f:g:5lIAAOxyXTRR8C0a

My hose is Lowes blue shop vac long hoses, and clean release duct tape.

You have to wear the little belt that's attached to the hood, or it will get blown off of your head.  The air comes in on top of the back of your head.  You may need to wear a cap.  The air exits around your neck.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I thought the bag was just to keep it from the elements and didn’t know it extended the life. I need to start doing better. Thanks

This is a basic explanation and my enviro teacher would be disappointed but the filters have a limited amount of "exposure".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Those are nice well made cabinets. I wish the ones in my house were half as nice as that.

Did you do any thing for shelves inside? I've always been opposed to shelf pins but have recently seen the light and like pins a lot more than fixed shelves.

It has shelf pins but most of the holes are out of sight.  Shelves are just not installed . Thank you.

2 hours ago, RichardA said:

Fancy is not important. What is important, is quality of construction. And it seems to me, that you have met that requirement.

Thank you very much.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes one of them darn apron sinks..;)  I really like the sliding fence allot. If I remember right you have a slider also. I must say that as soon as I had a good fence and the slider I really enjoy using the tablesaw and am glad I don't need the chopsaw that much. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Yea, same slider for 20+ years. It can be fiddly to adjust but it's stays square a long time. The Woodpeckers framing square helps when getting it back to perfect 90.

Good advice.  A nice framing square is something I do need. I bet it would save me some time. Been enjoying seeing your great work Steve.  Thanks

I had to wait about 18 months to order and several more months for delivery.  But I wouldn't be without it today.  Plus it has a lifetime accuracy guarantee, if it gets out of square they will fix or replace it. I made a scabbard for it that's mounted to the side of my router table. It tips into place and gravity holds it in place. 

They just closed ordering on 3/5/18 for the next batch. I would call them and see if they will put you on the list. I'm pretty sure the deadline isn't absolute. 

Here is a pic of the things I do that don't make me very proud or happy. Screws holding the bottom chef to the sides while glue dries and  pocket screw and glue bottom shelf to face frame and rear panel. Face frame and rear are dadoed and glued to cabinet sides. The rear panel is plywood with 1 3/4 hardwood screwed to the ends. The screws will show from the inside and it would have been much better if I did a tung and grove joint instead ..I also would have liked to do a frame and panel for the rear but what I'm doing is all they are willing to pay for and I always explain everything to the customer up front. Now with that said this I'm going to show the rest of the project and not try to hide anything.  I'm hoping if someone needs some quick cabs maybe I can be of some help.  Thank You.

100_0584.JPG

• Like 1

If it's not furniture and budget is a concern then everything you have done makes perfect sense. I've been using pocket screws for 25 + years. I've even been known to sneak in a few pocket screws in a piece of furniture if I can hide it or budget precludes a better approach.

If it's a free standing piece of fine furniture made with quality materials then better construction methods do exist. Balancing a clients requests with budget and build details isn't easy.  I tell clients up front that I don't use melamine, particleboard or MDF. I won't use cheap hardware either. Having said that I did have to take jobs I wasn't proud of to survive the recent recession. But if my schedule is busy I won't concede to clients that want a low bid or poor materials for flip or resale. Sometimes deciding to pass on a job , insist on better materials or a price you can earn a living with is hard to make. But underbidding and having to work longer hours for little pay has tied me up when a profitable but urgent job came my way.  When you are in a smaller market more flexibility is useful to survive. If I do a patch or repair job I note that it is not a permanent solution on the quote before I start.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Mark, sweet looking! Will there be a base or feet or flat on the floor.

By the way, did the couple that bought your trailer make it home safely with it? 

Hay Coop.. It will be just sitting on floor with a base applied when installed.  I ran the face frame and back 1/2 in past the sides because the customer has this idea of me making a cross on the ends with 3/8 by 2 in wide oak but I'm going to try to talk her out of that but we will see. I don't think that would look good at all..LOL.  The camper people called me that day and they made it home.  Lucky they didn't run into a cop with no transport plate or nothing.. I'm glad they made it and are happy.