Why I show my work..

mat60

I had a shop of sorts many years ago and it fell by the wayside with a family,  job, my own business, moving, etc.  But when I saw the wonderfull cabinetwork that a cabinet maker did for us for our new kitchen a few years ago, I decided I had to get my shop back.  I am so glad that I did and I owe it to a guy like you.  Thanks.

• Like 2

Aw hell mark, show your stuff, fluff the feathers that keep you afloat, It's good woodwork, and not one damn thing to be ashamed of. I quit driving tractor trailers for a living, you don't want to see those do you? Any woodwork that is made by the guys and gals here is worth showing.  Your stuff could very easy help someone that's never done case construction, and isn't helping our fellow woodbutchers what we do here?   Rick

• Like 1

A friend of a friend quit his refinery work to take on cabinet building and I’m glad he did. We had him build ours when we redid the kitchen and he did a helluva job. Three weeks ago I tried to replicate one for my office out of cherry and now I appreciate his work even more. Darn nice work Mark! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom King said:

Anyone who makes a living building stuff (well, maybe not out of pallet lumber)  gets a tip of the hat from me-especially when there is a row of trophies in the background!

Missed that completely, damn good catch Tom.

• Like 1

I'm going to half to put them trophies away.. Its only been 23 years.  :).. As you guys can see I don't worry about having a nice looking shop.  Some stuff was free and some things I had left over from  jobs and the cabinets are my first ones that I made years ago. I am going to half to show you guys my kreg jig  cart.  Your going to love that..LOL  I have a island to build on this job and I  will show some of that.  I think I might like that.  Its oak with flat panel ply doors but that's what they wanted so its good with me..  Thanks all.

IMO, Kreg joints have their place and my cabinet guy used them in indiscriminate places and I don’t disagree. If I catch you with your head in my cabinets, you don’t qualify for the good tequila! Joinery for FWW , probably not. Absolutely share with us and we shall share with you. As an aside, I’m still not qualified as a 301 fine woodworker, by any means. 

• Like 1