Just complaining..

Brendon_t

Pam's Brother lives in Arizona.   We've heard him say a number of times, "Yeah, but it's a dry heat."   We have fun throwing it back at him when he complains it's so hot.

I got called this week to advise on a house (not one of mine) with a humidity problem.  After running large dehumidifiers both inside, and under the house for two days, the house is down to 50, but it's still 70 percent under the house.  They have a big problem.

2 hours ago, Tom King said:

45% humidity.   At least it's a dry heat :D.   45 is what we shoot for inside.

And you don't pay a 300% premium price for homes over the national average in return.

I THOUGHT one of those pages in my closing docs was an agreement with the climate that if I pay this much for ThaT Little of house.. I get 70 and partly cloudy every day.

46 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

45 is humid for us here, your body adjust pretty quickly and becomes used the cushy lifestyle....Before you know it anything over 30 feels pretty gross. The "it's a dry heat" comment only angers us :)

You guys dying down there too?  Your MIL's house may incinerate. Think it was in the 120's in the Santa Clarita Valley.

25 minutes ago, Llama said:

Some things never change :) 

Holy crap... A LLama...

3 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

And you don't pay a 300% premium price for homes over the national average in return.

I THOUGHT one of those pages in my closing docs was an agreement with the climate that if I pay this much for ThaT Little of house.. I get 70 and partly cloudy every day.

You guys dying down there too?  Your MIL's house may incinerate. Think it was in the 120's in the Santa Clarita Valley.

Holy crap... A LLama...

LOL no...I try to only visit during the winter. That place is disgusting in the summer.  Pretty sure Llamas are extinct.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Pondhockey said:

Got up near 80 today in McCall, but it will drop to around 50 tonight and we'll cool the house down with the whole house fan.

45% certainly does not qualify for "low humidity" in this neck of the woods!

50 sounds like a nice low. I naturally wake up about 3. Opened some windows, switched the attic fan on, and still pulling in 87° air at 4am. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, prov163 said:

Come visit us in Georgia. 94 degrees 90% humidity. Today was a three shirt day. 

I lived in the Ozarks half my life.  I remember having to get out a church shirt, shirt to change into for lunch, then the general day's shirt. All of which are soaked through upon donning I remember. 

We used to walk down go Table Rock Lake a lot for summer spells. That dirty water, felt nice!

On 7/6/2018 at 5:06 PM, Brendon_t said:

Holy crap... A LLama...

HI  :)

On 7/6/2018 at 8:17 PM, JosephThomas said:

Pretty sure Llamas are extinct.

You're not that lucky!

On 7/6/2018 at 5:06 PM, Brendon_t said:

CO is getting there with an increase of 20% a year in most areas.... but at a larger square footage and better weather. But I'm pretty sure CO is at the allotment for Californians moving in this year. 

On 7/6/2018 at 2:32 PM, Brendon_t said:

humidity

What's humidity? :) 

6 minutes ago, Llama said:

But I'm pretty sure CO is at the allotment for Californians moving in this year.

I read a piece in Bloomberg News this week about the essential Exodus from CA.  CO, NV, and CO seem to be having so many CA transplants that new home starts there just can't keep up and inventory doesn't stand a chance against out of staters liquidating the equity in their homes to come buy property elsewhere all cash and pocketing the other half.

We have lots of retiring transplants buying up property in the Silver Valley in Idaho.  I talked to a guy from S. Ca and he said he owns his small home but can no longer afford the property tax!  I paid cash for an 1800 square foot home with a 1200 square foot shop, no way I could do that in most other Western States!  If you like mountains, hot summers, snowy winters, outdoor activities then this place is paradise, if you want shopping, restaurants, high end arts and entertainment then this is not the place for you.  The biggest issue here is good jobs are scarce and you pretty much need to drive to Coeur D’ Alene (35miles) for anything above basic health care.