Malibu Fires

Coop

Guys, I just spoke with @Brendon_t via text. He is currently watching these fires burn some 2,000 yards from his home. He and his family currently have their bags and pets packed, ready to move out, should the winds change. Please join me in wishing he and his family and property the best. Hey bud, our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. 

• Like 1

I have the  whole state in my prayers and thoughts.  In Northern California the whole town of Paradise is gone, 6400 buildings.  I am 150 miles from that fire and the smoke is so bad that you can smell it in the house with the house closed up.  I can't even imagine having to deal with what all these folks are dealing with.

The smoke filtered sun this morning outside my house.

IMG_1340.thumb.jpg.69f0cb02e02b436356a8f54b43b99dac.jpg

Brandon, glad you and yours are OK. My wife said that there are 25 fatalities so far.  I have a close friend who retired from the USFS. Up until a couple of years ago, he was still on stand-by to assist with emergencies as fires. Now he is off that call list. He said it is amazing how fast a fire can travel with high winds.  A billboard on I-75 states embers can be carried up to a mile.

3 hours ago, Bankstick said:

My wife said that there are 25 fatalities so fa

I don't know about Southern California but there were 25 fatalities in the Northern California fire.  I believe they were all from the town of Paradise which was completely wiped out, all 6500 buildings gone. 

It just don't stop. Watched the fires this weekend move beside and away from us, today at 10Am a new fire started at the northwest tip of town with Southeast winds. . First Responders Were ON IT and had it contained within two hours. No structures lost but this is from my best friends back patio

Attach239408_20181112_120204.jpg

Attach239422_20181112_121229.jpg

• Sad 6